Detroit/Windsor 2 hour cruise to VCA dyno day, anyone?

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone from the area want to join on my annual pilgrimage out of the armpit of North America, the Detroit/Windsor area, and head on up to the dyno day at Tag Motorsports in Oakville, ON?

Motorcity Madman is in for sure, anyone else want to join?
GenIIGts, love to see your GTS if your interested, considering we've been cruising in the same town for three years and never crossed paths?
GtsJeff maybe from Dtown side?
1BadBite, I emailed ya about going, so far it hasn't came back, let me know!

Anyone else is more than welcome, the Madman and I will be dialing it up Windsor side Sat night with our cars so if anyone is up for joining that as well, jump on this thread. 1st drink is on me, paid for in toonies. ;)

Nothing better than starting the season with a multiple Viper cruise.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ryan-

I'm going... I'll see ya there! last count was 10-15 Vipers attending, mix and match of years and models.

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be willing to come...When is it? Do you guys cruise in Windsor often? The MCVO group is kinda lame when it comes to cruisin......How's the street scene there?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I second Proracers question regarding when. Are you talking about this Saturday? If so I have a conflict, but if it is in the future it may be possible.

Also second the "lame" comment. Maybe we need to organize some Viper cruises, etc. outside of the MCVO for those of us not on the west side, and who would rather drive than park.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well guys, I'm usually out on Woodward Friday and Saturday nights after the kids are in bed. Only tried Gratiot once but didn't see much action.

Anyone care to join are more than welcome. I need to find some cars fast enough to keep up. ;)

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom I go by your sub (my old sub) when I go for a cruise frequently. We should hook up. I do tend to go during the middle of the day (nap time) when it is warmest. Something about top down weather. And with some of the mods made over winter I may be able to keep you in sight :)

Dan, Sunday kind of makes it more difficult as Sunday is the MCVO Spring Brunch. For many in the Detroit area that is a desireable event - a chance to spend some money on some venders, eat good chow, see friends and go cruise.

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MCVO I will be in Orlando on business. So I will miss the brunch AGAIN....At least this year I didn't pay for it and not be able to show like last year. OH and GT Snake Bet you dinner you I can KEEP UP.......LOL

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, if you're cruising let me know. I may not be able to keep up, but I can dust off a couple of 'vettes as an opening act! I'm in Troy and run Woodward and other areas. Windsor, let's stay in touch about future events over there too. :headbang: :headbang:

OP
OP
G

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bruce, come on over Saturday night to Windsor if your in the mood, we'll be out laste night cruising around, I can give you my cell number, email me off my profile link.

If your in for dyno day, it's a nice run on decent roads some nice flat new miles where I have ran her up to top end in the past, let me know....

GTS Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan, Would like to go but am doing the MCVO Brunch thing.
We definitly have to do some vipering this year. (maybe some drag racing again) Have fun and don't forget to post your results.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, it looks like it's going to rain on our brunch Sunday. How many are bringing your snakes?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, so far the forecast for rain is making me think of taking another car. That allows me to take my daughter as well and avoid the babysitter routine or going alone.

Based on the weather report though I wil definitely go for a drive tomorrow. Took it out after dinner tonight for some errands.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, Ryan and I knew we would probably being driving through rain the whole way up to the dyno event and brunch, and we were right. It was great meeting up with all you Ontario Viper club members. You're a great bunch of people. Ryan, I, and the 2 gals all made it back to Windsor and Michigan safe and sound, but the cars got a little dirty of course. Plus Ryan kept throwing road kill onto my windshield with his Khumos. Rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, you name it. Nothing a little water won't wash off I guess.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In general the numbers look pretty normal (and good of course). Except the SRT numbers which both look low. They seem to be down 20-25 hp. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS