Diablo SV VS 2000 Viper ACR VS 911 TT

Status
Not open for further replies.

laptopman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I finally got around to doing some final performance comparisons between my 1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV vs The 2000 Viper ACR and the 2002 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo. Here are the results.

The Porsche 911 Twin Turbo wins it for 0-60 bone stock performance when the weather is even a drop wet. The 4 wheel drive system and psm stability control are just flawless. For hitting psycho turns it carves really hard and is really forgiving. If you don't log a lot of miles this car is great! This is also the most confident car I have hit 190 in. Chicks don't seem to know the difference between this and a 1979 porsche. So as far as a head turner I'd give it a mid score. Comfort wise it can't be beat it kills every other super performance sports car.

The 2000 Viper ACR is a find car nice naturally aspirated grunt all the way up. A little scary at 175 in comparison to the Porsche 911 Twin Turbo. For the buck it offers the most boom for the buck. Chicks dig it as well. You would want to be at least an intermediate driver to rail one of these hard into the turns without hurting yourself. I really enjoyed the long hood look. It's not really great for super tall people people but it still is more comfortable than the Lamborghini Diablo.

The 1998 Diablo SV. Still my favorite car. Even though a clutch is $9000 for it and the winshield costs $2000 to replace if someone smashes yours but who cares it's only petty cash. This car is the best chick magnet on the planet. People take freaking pictures of you rolling down the road. Women through their bodies at you all day. I would say it's the freakiest thing rolling down the street. Notice the top 2 functional air scoops. It rocks. It's off the line performance is mediocre but once your rolling HOLY CRAP! All the way to 209mph Baby. Comfortable as a COLIN Examination fast as Pamela Anderson. You gotta love it baby.

BIGDAN

Here are some Picture so enjoy. Goto my website
WWW.BIGMANTOYS.COM

FOR MORE PICTURES

You must be registered for see images

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I LIKE THIS GUY! DID YOU READ TOWARD THE BOTTOM WHERE HE SAID, "WHO CARS IT'S ONLY PETTY CASH" THAT WAS AWESOME!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

YOU'VE GOT SOME AWESOME RIDES FRIEND! I LIKE YOUR STYLE.

OP
OP
L

laptopman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alas,

That Merc is really been Germaniazed. It's a beatifull car and it's also more spacy. The one that I am getting is going to be Titanium Silver. My friend Fred at Exotic Imports here in Utah was kind enough to let me sample that Red one. If any of you guys out there are interested in the 1998 Diablo SV, I would take your old Viper on trade toward it as long as miles were tame and it hadn't been hashed too hard. The Diablo is worth Retail $150K-$170Kish right now but for a VCA member I would go under $150K if the deal were right.

Dan

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
man those are some nice cars you have there!

your viper is my viper's twin! Want to buy mine to get them back together??? lolol

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with King on this one, I like your style, lol. Keep it real
smile.gif

OP
OP
L

laptopman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Merc doesn't count until it's in my garage. All the others are or have been mine. The Camaro died. I can't wait to get my 2003 Viper. Ya, ya some people say it looks to Mellow but hey a twin turbo system or a nice SC kit and it'll be pretty fun. Vipers are like Prime Rib, Lambos and Ferraris are like Truffles, and Porsches are like Lobster, and we all know what RICE tastes like. LOL

You guys rock!

Dan

OP
OP
L

laptopman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Selling laptops and wheeling and dealing some of those cars once in a while. Hey you know what I want really bad. I emailed Hennessy on it and he hasn't responded. A Venom 800, man now that would be STUPID FAST. Anyone selling theirs? Also anyone out their know of a good deal on a 2000 or newer Ferrari Modena 360 F-1 in Titanium Silver or Yellow. I like how you can see the engine through the window on that car. Also, I have 2 2003 Vipers coming in as soon as they start rolling out. If someone wants one I will be driving the tar out of one of them for 6 months then selling it for a good deal. The other probably take offers on it. Maybe trade spots for a 2003 Mercedes SL55 AMG or something to that effect.

Your Pal

Big Dan

SMCBUILDERSINC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WELL IM REALLY IMPRESSED WITH YOUR SELECTION OF HIGH PERFORMANCE VEHICLES. BUT WHAT I LIKE THE MOST ABOUT YOUR POSTS AND YOUR WEBSITE IS YOUR ATTITUDE. IT WOULD APPEAR THAT YOU SPENT THE TIME TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN LIFE. THEN YOU APPLIED YOURSELF AND TOOK THE PAYOFF. THAT MY FRIENDS IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT. THAT IS WHAT DRIVES ME OUT OF BED EVERY MORNING. ILL BE TURNING 25 THIS JUNE AND IM HAPPY TO REPORT THAT IM IN ROUTE TO THIS TYPE OF LIFESTYLE. AMBITION IS THE KEY.

Jay H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my best Jack Nicholson voice from Batman "WHERE DOES HE GET THOSE WONDERFUL TOYS" Cool cars...

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I emailed Hennessy on it and he hasn't responded.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might want to do some research on that in the Performance Area first. Have you considered one of the Supercharger vendors - like SVS or Doug Levin?

OP
OP
L

laptopman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just do something you love. Give to those less fortunate than you. Always help anyone in need. Pray a lot and remember anything you own is on lease by God. Be nice to everyone and remember people who are willing do do what other people do not want to do have things other people don't have. Goto www.tonyrobbins.com and goto all his stuff. It did it for me.

Your Friend
Dan

SMCBUILDERSINC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF YOU DONT MIND ME ASKING, WHAT TYPE OF CAREER DID YOU MASTER IN ORDER TO MAKE IT TO THE TOP? WHAT TYPE OF HELP DID YOU RECIEVE FROM TONY ROBBINS? I THOUGHT HE WAS JUST ANOTHER LATE NIGHT INFOMERCIAL.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by laptopman:
Just do something you love. Give to those less fortunate than you. Always help anyone in need. Pray a lot and remember anything you own is on lease by God. Be nice to everyone and remember people who are willing do do what other people do not want to do have things other people don't have. Goto www.tonyrobbins.com and goto all his stuff. It did it for me.

Your Friend
Dan

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. Before Tony R I was making $5.75 an hour and now I have a Viper and many other things.

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome Cars, Great Attitude... Many of the same precepts I believe in. After looking at the pics I do have a question though....

Do you know Remy?...
laugh.gif

Scott M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Laptopman...

This is a shot in the dark, but here goes...

Did you have that car over at the Hilton Salt Lake City Center last week Thursday night? I happen to be attending the AMCP convention and saw one sitting out front of the hotel I was staying at. A few people were taking pictures too. It also looked a little dirty - you must drive it often
smile.gif

scott

OP
OP
L

laptopman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, Was eating at Spencers Steakhouse. Hey I need your guys help. The Viper board is like the only place that has kick butt forum members who don't slam people all day for having fast cars. Goto these links and help me straighten out these psychos. They think people who drive Vipers and Diablos and stuff are big headed idiots. Hey we just work hard for our money and don't mind talking about our cars. Duh thats why we call it a forum

4 http://forums.jeepsunlimited.com/ubb/Forum39/HTML/... 184
5 http://forum.granturismo.com/showthread.php?s=&thr... 85
6 http://forums.off-topic.net/showthread.php?s=&thre... 81
7 http://www.bmwm5.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&t... 67
8 http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&...

Just goto the main page and the forums you gotta read some of these folks posts. The cheaper the car the more hostile check out the www.b15sentra.net page. Those Rice Rocket people are crazy.

Your friend
Big Dan

OP
OP
L

laptopman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony Robbins by the way just has excellent training. He goes over kick ***** goal setting and so much more. Just buy his cd's only like $200ish or something and if you get 10 or more people to group buy its like 140ish. Way worth it. If you are dirt poor you will get richer if you are richer you will get even more richer, not just financially but physically and emotionally.

Your friend
Dan

Those rice rocket people need to understand that there is no replacement for displacement. except maybe a Viper with a Blower..Booo Yaaahhhh

Ken Larsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will you adopt me..

I wont take up to much space.
laugh.gif

Will zanio all your cars for a ride. (that should take about a month)

shifter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best Money Making scheme is in your head. Dedication, motivation, desire to succeed. Tony R. doesn't have a magical potion that will turn you into a Millionaire. Imagine if someone put out an infomercial about making it your own, with a little common sense, the right attitude, lot's of luck, and perseverance - the number of actual cases would exceed the population of some states.

Perhaps Tony helps with the motivation (after all, you did pay $200 for his pep talk). I'm not bashing him, just hoping people don't see the Diablo and run out to join Tony's club thinking they'll me a millionaire as well.

My $.02

Status
Not open for further replies.