Did anyone buy their used Viper sight unseen?

NY VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Found mine on the Internet and bought it from dealer S/U- Negotiated on phone and ran Carfax and BBB check. They delivered it on a flatbed halfway across the country at no charge, No Deposit and C.O.D. by personal check upon inspection with a 3 month, 3,000 mile warranty. Couldn't go wrong. Had local dealer check out the car before they could even deposit the check.

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem buying ANYTHING sight unseen from Woodhouse. They are the very unusual exception to the rule. If Bill says it's perfect, it will be.

i agree, Bill is a great guy to work with, i bought my FE SU, and when its time to buy another viper ill contact him ASAP.

superdavz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine sight unseen. When I bought my Viper I had never been in one. I just new it was the car for me.

Back-In-Black

Viper Owner
Reaction score
quote:

I bought mine SU from Fitzgerald Motorsports in NH the summer of 98. At the time my research showed they had a great reputation so I was trusting. I have just recently learned they are history due to some bad business or something.

I just bought my 99 RT/10 From Fitzgerald two weeks ago. They certainly are not history. I didn't buy it sight unseen, but they had about 10 Vipers in stock of almost all colors and models and years to choose from. It helped to make comparisons when evaluating the car I wanted. THey were very professsional and I am quite satisfied (since I have already put over 1000 miles on it in 14 days!)

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found mine thru TraderOnline with help froma local dealer (Finish Line Dodge in Glenview). I used the local dealer as a broker, they took my money and bought the car, had it brought from Ohio, and delivered it to me thru the dealer as a resale. I was able to have them inspect it, had a guarantee that if I did not like it, they would buy it from me, and was able to get the full extended warrantee. They charged me $2K as a broker, which I thought was well worth the peace of mind of they guarantees they made. Everything worked out perfectly and I have to say I could not have been happier with the sales process as a whole.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine sight unseen (by me), used, from an individual. He sent pics, I did a car fax, had Dodge run the VIN, and had Chuck, Gerald, and Antonio from the board here check out the car for me in advance (in the Tampa, FL area). I flew in, took a look over it and test drove it, gave him the check, and drove straight to ******* to eat with Chuck and Gerald!

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased my RT sight unseen..The previous owner was a VCA member (Jim Purcell) ..The car was delivered to me in showroom condition.
If you didn't read the odometer you'd swear the car only had a 100 Miles on it !

Jim mailed me a video tape of the car before I transfered the Monies..He also put me in touch with his Viper Technician . I couldn't be happier with my purchase :2tu: .

Pat_L_96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my 96 GTS SU from Mike Robbins at Ringgold, wouldn't hesitate to do it again. It was delivered the Saturday after Christmas and even came with a tutorial from Mark on the do's and don't. Damn good service.

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mendocino, on the lovely North coast of California
Cayenne, I have bought a total of four cars sight unseen including my Viper. What I have learned is be sure and get a full inspection, from neutral shop if possible (although in many areas there will only be one shop that knows anything about vipers), get lots of pics and written descriptions, and most importantly, have someone look at and drive the car. They don't have to be experts, but chances are you can find a board member willing to eyeball the car for you, and that is invaluable. Three of four worked out great for me and by following the above guide, I bet it will work out well for you too. Best of luck, John

S-JC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The car that Lee00blacksilverGTS is talking about is the one that I bought sight unseen! I had confidence in his visual inspection and then I paid the seller to have Heffner's check it out mechanically--slam dunk.

It is somewhat scary to carry out such a large transaction across the country without seeing the goods first, but you can see from the large number of positive testimonials that you will not likely be disappointed.

OP
OP
C

cayenne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would definitely see the car in person. I looked at my car in NC before I bought it. I recently bought a Harley on my third deal. I was VERY LUCKY to find out that the first TWO were scams!! (one was a reconstructed title and the other was non existent) And believe me, I would not be any more reassured just because the seller is a dealer, unless I knew the dealer's reputation either first hand or from a reliable source. Chuck Tator can tell you some horror stories.

If you are buying a Viper, you are going to drop decent money, regardless of year or milage. A few hundred on some airline tickets would be well worth it.

Can you give me a quick explanation of what a reconstructed title is? How to find out if there is one (signs)?

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SU, from VCA classified. Great price, another member knew and vouched for the car.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't imagine buying any used car SU..

Much less something as expensive and prone to previous owner heavy duty use as a Viper.

You wouldn't want to buy an ex-rental Viper would you? Somebody's buying them.

One guy I knowof did look at his car first, and only later noticed where the nitrous had benn plumbed and wear marks in the rear wheel wells from slicks.

ACRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a 2001 GTS ACR from Ringgold Motors sught unseen. It showed up as described. no regrets

GTS1998

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my 9K mile 1998 GTS sight unseen (except photos) from Exotic Performance Motors in IL. I live in California, so a 2000+ mile ride home in bad weather was out of the question. The car was trucked to my door. It is perfect, and better than expected. I even got an extended Dodge warranty until 2007.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS