Difference between Mopar T&D's and T&D's

Blue Streak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Difference between Mopar T&D\'s and T&D\'s

Can someone please tell me the difference between the Mopars and the regular. What number will appear on the rockers to tell them apart? Im in the market for some and would like to be able to know what I found.

Also, where can I get a pushrod length checker from? Is this all I need specialty tool wise? Thanks

S

SUN RA KAT

Re: Difference between Mopar T&D\'s and T&D\'s

MOPAR T&Ds are blue and didn't require changing pushrods (at least on mine).

syldogRT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Are you going to get much of a HP increase by just changing the rockers? Thanks.

Mark Hahn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not much horsepower increase. I've heard around 25bhp mentioned. But it gives you more confidence knowing that there is less friction in the system and with the roller on the valve tip there has to be a fair amount of less wear in the valve guide area. The H.P. increase from the friction reduction in negligible, the increase mainly comes from the higher lift as most rockers out there are 1.7 ration and I believe stock is 1.6 or 1.65. Someone else can confirm this. MGH

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I definately noticed an increase in power! How much? It's hard to say without a dyno, but I'll bet I got at least 25hp.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

MOPAR T&Ds are blue and didn't require changing pushrods (at least on mine).

They are the exact same, just a color difference (one set is blue (mopar) and the other is silver. I have bought both and used both. One is not going to save you from needing pushrods vs the other, if you need push rods(which i believed all stock set ups do) then either set is going to require it.

Jon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi