Difference in rotors?

syldogRT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was looking at cross drilled/slotted rotors on EBAY and they range from $150-$600. Not really sure what the difference is. Can any one shed some light for me? Thanks!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cross drilled AND slotted are over-kill. You only need one or the other unless Saturday nite posing is your bag.

A high performance rotor will be two-piece (disc and aluminum hat) and will have directional vanes separating the inner and outer disc for airflow.

For performance most Viper owners go with slotted rather than cross drilled.

OP
OP
S

syldogRT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cool thanks. Is there any reason to spring for the more expensive rotors? I think they are made of the same material and all are zinc coated to prevent rust. Thanks again!

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a poser...

Zinc plated is nice, keeps the exposed parts clean and shine, very important for Saturday nights! :2tu:

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a poser...

Zinc plated is nice, keeps the exposed parts clean and shine, very important for Saturday nights! :2tu:
Like lauri (redenuf) told me, i went with rotorprs's rotors. Cost me about $215 total(front and rear), drilled and slotted zinc plated and they look great!!

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a set of slotted/drilled/silver cad plated rotors off e-bay for $170 delivered. That is amazingly cheap. I could buy four sets of those and have a nice dinner out with the girlfriend for the price of one set of two-piece rotors. Mine is a street car so who cares? They fit and look fine. That is all that mattered. Sure I would love the 8 pound savind or whatever from fancy rotors bu not for $700.

P.S. Don't bother asking which e-nay seller it was because I cannot remember (I actually think a lot of them are the same place).

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And here I was thinking of going with the “Red Devil” ceramic coated titanium rotors (no holes or slots) for over 2k…....Yikes

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I considered the no name rotors on eBay and decided on going with the EBC rotors - if for nothing else their only business is brakes - so I fugure they must have a decent product. Going cheap on brakes does not seem to make sense to me considering they are the only thing between you and a crash. Also, the EBC rotors were not that much more expensive than the eBay ones. Only thing some people may not like is the rotors are black - so probably less "poser bling-bling" factor - but the area that the pads rub on does turn silver.

I picked up the Hawk HPS brake pads and EBC Rotors at:

www.ajusa.com

Cost for front pads - $98.97
Rears - $77.97

Front EBC Rotors - $270.87 (pair)
Rear rotors - $178.87

Free shipping. Decent delivery from west coast to midwest.

Good Luck!

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cross drilled AND slotted are over-kill. You only need one or the other unless Saturday nite posing is your bag.

A high performance rotor will be two-piece (disc and aluminum hat) and will have directional vanes separating the inner and outer disc for airflow.

For performance most Viper owners go with slotted rather than cross drilled.
DITTO Chuck, you are so correct for real stopping power on the road course, and there are many posers out there who just want the bling.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking at cross drilled/slotted rotors on EBAY and they range from $150-$600. Not really sure what the difference is. Can any one shed some light for me? Thanks!

I just bought some from R1concepts off ebay. The quality looks fine I can't tell the difference between them and the eradispeeds as far as looks. They were around 175.00. They will be installed shortly and I will report back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960