Different tires on front and back?

syclone1157

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone running different tires on the front and back? I am wanting to buy Kumhos for the back but I am told that they may throw too many rocks up front.
Any suggestions?

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmm.... Oversteer versus understeer... :cool:

I run the same on both front and back, personally, but nor do I run Kumho's on the street, opting to stay with the stock Sport Pilots, and confining my sticky tire fitment to the track.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run the BFG drag radials on the back and the Michelin pilot sports on the front. Seems to work well for me but i may be switching to the Kuhmos for the back or probably the whole car, havent decided yet.

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have different fronts and backs, Pilots on the rear and Hancooks on the front(car came that way) No problems,but i wouldnt track it that way. I use all Kumho V700's

However, as long as your stickiest tire is in the rear you'll be ok, better to push in a turn that overrotate! WHich is why all car companies build a certain level of push into production cars.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's up front, and the stock Pilots out back. It works better than it did before with Pilots all around.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ecsta 712 fronts and V700 kuhmo in the rear. front definately pushes out WAAY before the rear. Rides real nice on the street...and the fronts are available from Jegs's and Summit for around $115

Backdoc7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im running pilot sports on the front and V700's on the rear. i think the combo works pretty good. the kumho's sure stick like H*ll! Can't see running pilot sports on the rear anytime soon. the kumho's are too much fun to have on the back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreatWhiteKAC