Disable TPMS - 2005 SRT-10

rhallman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After several runs to the Tire shop and dealer and about $700 later...I still find the TPMS alarms going off when they want to. Sometimes it will continue to chime at me every second or so for the entire trip.

I figured there needs to be some way to kill this. So I pulled the console apart and pulled the power cable off of the TPMS module behind the cluster guages.

So far, no issues with a check engine light, but the Lo Tire indicator is lit, which Im ok with...as long at the chime stops going on and off.

Anyone else do this and see any side-effects?

Thanks...
Rich

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There wont be any side effects other than what you have already listed. However, why not solve the actual problem, and consult the people who deal with these cars on a daily basis?

ttechris

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm curious to know if there is a temporary way to disable it as well. I mounted a set of hres but didn't want to have my stock wheels/tires dissasembled. I usually check my tires before any trips I make, just want to get rid of the anoying light.
Mine only chime when I switch the ignition on(assuming bc they are not present in the hres?)

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm curious to know if there is a temporary way to disable it as well. I mounted a set of hres but didn't want to have my stock wheels/tires dissasembled. I usually check my tires before any trips I make, just want to get rid of the anoying light.
Mine only chime when I switch the ignition on(assuming bc they are not present in the hres?)

Not to my knowledge, no.

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dan,
I have two sets of OEM ACR wheels for my 09 ACR. Is it possible to program both sets of wheel TPMS codes so that I can switch wheels and not have the TPMS light/chime coming on?

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, You have reprogram each wheel whe changing sensors or rim/tire combo:(

Tampa Real Estate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got a 2003 convertible and the low pressure tire chime goes off continuously. How can i disable the chime?....and no I don't want new sensors. Any ideas?

OP
OP
rhallman

rhallman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the Service manual and find where the TPMS module is located right behind the cluster gauge. Remove your front covers and remove the cluster gauge. You can reach inside and pull the plug off of the TPMS module. You will always have a tire low indicator on the dash, but no chimes anymore. Some inspection stations will fail on low tire pressure...so not sure what your state is looking for if you do this.

I did this in 2010 and no issues since! Good Luck...Rich

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dan,
I have two sets of OEM ACR wheels for my 09 ACR. Is it possible to program both sets of wheel TPMS codes so that I can switch wheels and not have the TPMS light/chime coming on?

I believe its Viper Specialty that sells cloned TPMS sensors. So the answer to your question is yes. They need the codes off of your original OEM sensors and they will program new sensors with the codes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang