Do I have a bad Viper tech that doesn't care?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do I have a bad Viper tech that doesn\'t care?

I have to continually bring my Viper to this dealership in AL. (Susan Schien Dodge).

I had and oil leak that was claimed to be fixed (It looked like it was, but a couple of 100 miles later..oil all over.)
They claimed to use a dye in the oil, but I noticed that they didn't change my filter. My fan is making funny noises and they said they had to adjust the shroud....still makes wierd nosies when turned on.
I'm missing clips from my air box..again! Not to mention when I had my windshield replaced..the guy who did it used way too much sealant and it overflowed on the edges..looks ugly..

I seem to always get the run-around on my warranty stuff..I need a new steering column too because mine is loose. They said they are waiting on approval...how long does that take? over 3 weeks?

Do I just have a viper tech that doesn't give a rat's *** ? I hope not!I guess he is paid by commission to on how many cars he can turn, so i can understand to a certian extent on rushing to get more done. Is this normal service I should expect? I feel I have to do the work myself to have it done right....I just don't have time to mess with it so I send it to the dealer. The shop manager seems to be real nice, but always..seems to be in the dark about some things. I wrote Susan Schien about his friendly attitude..he is a good guy. I just want my car to stop having these minor problems..

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Do I have a bad Viper tech that doesn\'t care?

ab,

No, this isn't the type of service that you should expect. It doesn't matter @ commission, etc...I'd have a talk w/ the Service Manager if I were you & get it straightened out NOW.

Why did you have to have your windshield replaced????

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

rock chip cracked my window. Any good viper techs in Birmingham?

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Sounds like a good idea, but I think I have a problem tipping for sloppy work. I don't want to encourage it. But I see what you mean.

Charlie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've found that the local VCA president or one of the other officers can intercede in situations like this at times and be a great help. I'm sure you must have joined up by now.

BURNOUT.gif

VardaMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It sounds like this dealership DOES NOT WANT YOUR BUSINESS!
Don't waste any more time with him. Things will likely get worst.
Move on to another dealer & put up with the time & driving inconviences that it may cause. I stuck with my local ZERO-STAR dealer too long and he ultimately screwed me & my car.
Good luck.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Where do most of the club members take their Viper's? They may be able to help you find a good tech.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I think Susan Schien was recommended dealer...I'm not mad at them...just seems like they do the least bit to satisfy. They are real polite people though..