DO THEY CHARGE LABOR FOR WARRANTY?

SPARKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CAN THEY CHARGE ME LABOR CHARGES FOR REPLACING TRANSMISSION UNDER WARRANTY?

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it is a 100% factory warranty repair. NO.

I have seen dealers who feel that a warranty repair doesn't cover the cost of the job....they try to stick it to customers for the difference.

They do have the right to refuse to repair the vehicle but only before they start work. Not a good customer move but it is their right to do so. Usually depends on who's extended warranty it is. If the dealer didn't sell the warranty I have seen this happen. If they did sell you the warranty or if it is a factory extended warranty then they are nothing short of crooks.

Those shops are usually run by the techs and tell the management "this is what I want for the job" or "I am not fixing it".

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I noticed you listed a 94 and assuming this is the case, you would be dealing with an extended serv. contract and not the warranty. Depending on deductible and policy provisions there could be some charges. We need a little more specific info to help you out. Normally under Factory Warranty ( not to be confused with a Service Contract ) there should not be any labor charges.

OP
OP
S

SPARKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WELL I BOUGHT A CHRYSLER 2 YEAR WARRANTY OR 30,000 MILES. THE WARRANTY WAS CALLED AND ADDED CARE WARRANTY WHICH IS 2ND BEST IN A LINE OF 4 WARRANTIES. DOES THIS HELP? I JUST KNOW WHEN I TAKE IT IN THERE GONNA TELL ME IT DOESNT COVER LABOR, ALSO MY DEDUCTIBLE IS 200. IF I GET 3 THINGS DONE THEY WONT CHARGE ME 600 WILL THEY? SORRY IM A DUMB *** !

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is not a Bumper to Bumper type contract ( which even those do not cover everything ). The Added Care contract is not the best one available on a used vehicle ( Added Care Plus is the top of the line for used ), and it only covers what is a listed item.
Many diagnostic services ,etc. are not covered and you do have a deductible. Read your contract to review the items, and have the Dealership explain to you why certain things are not covered. Keep in mind that they only get paid for specific covered charges ,and any item other than that will be your responsibility. I hope this helps and good luck.