Do Vipers Attract Tailgaters and Aggressive Drivers?

Do Vipers Attract Tailgaters and Aggressive Drivers?

• Yes

Votes: 126 94.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 6.0%

• Total voters

lh4x4

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The only problem that I have in my area is little old lady's in Buick's that try to turn left in front of me or pull out from a driveway into me.

OP
OP
R

russellesq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess it depends too on which lane you are in on the fwy. 1st lane doing 65, here... That would make for a lot of angry drivers behind you. Especially in the car pool lane. Those Prius drivers are a pain in the A** LOL

I mostly had problems with packs of ricers surrounding me... I wouldn't even look at them... Eventually they would go away...

Didn't you just have your Viper smashed? Was it fixed?

Yes, I got it back just a few weeks ago. Car was in the shop for about a month. Having just went through a rear end crash, I am obviously a little sensitive to people tailgating me now! In this case, I was doing the speed limit and had nowhere to go since I was blocked by a car in front of me. The tailgater was just being a ****.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car seems to attract cell phone cameras everywhere...always taking a picture of the car. Didn't mind at first but now would prefer they don't snap any pics.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tailgating and people racing up to you to shoot a picture is a fact of life when owning a viper. There was a rumor at VOI that the Arizona club had a visit with the Utah highway patrol due to numerous 911 calls about a bunch of vipers doing between 120 and 150 on the private course (89) to SLC. Fortunately they were stuck behind several 18 wheelers when the patrol showed on on their back doorstep doing the speed limit and then had a planned stop at a local gas station in Nephi:D:D:D
They then had an ****** to SLC the rest of the way;)

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My gen 3 does not attract near as much attention as did any of the gen 1 or 2s I have owned. I don't mind that at all. Still, almost every ricer or Mustang wants to race. I just wave and smile. Vettes look the other way. Strange... :drive:

forexx4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a punk in the back of his friend's car give me "the finger" because I didn't chirp the tires when I left the STOP sign. Someone was riding with me at the time and little does that punk know I saved his life... My passenger had a CHL, bipolar disorder, and a loaded FNH. He's also not fond of getting "the finger" from others.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
An older couple following me real close in their Mercedes AMG two days ago. Looking in my rearview mirror , I could read his lips saying 'Viper' to his old lady :rolaugh: .The majority of drivers don't recognise the Viper and the Viper GTS logo on the bumper is rather hard to see from the distance .And I agree with a previous poster , the Vette guys are the weirdest ones , looking the other way always.There was only one ZO6 guy with his lady driving side by side to me ,who gave me a thumbs up after a spirited acceleration demo, and he did the same after.:2tu:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just give em what they want..a quick burst from 50 to 85 mph...just a simple demonstration...i remember ten years ago being a 20 year old makeing 1k per month and thinking a v6 camaro was a great car and a c5 vette was just incredibal..and well a viper was no differant than a lambo to me..a rare exotic that would make me urinate myself if i ever saw one on the highway...and i did see a few lambo/ferraris and even fewer vipers...each time they seemed to not even notice my lowly car..includeing me the driver. i promised my self if i was ever lucky enough to afford a viper that i would give people what i wanted to see...and ill never stop..it may just be a car to us owners..but to many a young man it is the dream

forexx4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just give em what they want..a quick burst from 50 to 85 mph...just a simple demonstration...i remember ten years ago being a 20 year old makeing 1k per month and thinking a v6 camaro was a great car and a c5 vette was just incredibal..and well a viper was no differant than a lambo to me..a rare exotic that would make me urinate myself if i ever saw one on the highway...and i did see a few lambo/ferraris and even fewer vipers...each time they seemed to not even notice my lowly car..includeing me the driver. i promised my self if i was ever lucky enough to afford a viper that i would give people what i wanted to see...and ill never stop..it may just be a car to us owners..but to many a young man it is the dream

But if they flick you off for not giving a "demostration" then I doubt they truly care about the car you're driving. Most likely, they just want to see an accident happen.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the Vette guys are the weirdest ones , looking the other way always.
On the street most of the vette guys I meet give a wave and I wave back. Parked somewhere and the come up to talk to you they always spout the same old platitudes you get from Car and Driver.... "Does it handle like a lumber wagon?", "How hot does it get inside", blah, blah.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Viper is a rolling, one-car Auto Show. Cell-phone cameras have made the problem MUCH more common. And THE YEAR MATTERS!

Like Dean, when I towed my Blu/White GTS behind my Blu-White Indy Ram, the gawkers were horrific. They box you in, wave and Thumbs-Up, and try to take your eyes off the road for a hello. That was the worst. One time, a PLANE came down beside the highway and filmed my rig from telephone-pole altitide!!!!

The SRT-Coupe draws 20% of the gawkers on the ACR. "The WING is the THING"

The Orange/Black ACR seems to attract even more gawkers, who zoom up beside, box you in, and shoot photos, as they creep and weave toward your door. Then, they pass and drop back, or drop back and pass on the other side for more photos. Terribly unsafe on hiways when semi-tractors are closing in on them. The VOI- round trip was scary about 5 times a day. I even took and exit just to ditch one carfull of gawkers.

Last edited:

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The ones that slow down that are ahead of me when they see me in the mirror are the ones that annoy me the most. They back up everything hoping I will get up next to them. Most times I don't mind, however, if they are being ********** about it, I will usually slow down as well or turn to get away.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like Dean, when I towed my Blu/White GTS behind my Blu-White Indy Ram, the gawkers were horrific. They box you in, wave and Thumbs-Up, and try to take your eyes off the road for a hello. That was the worst. One time, a PLANE came down beside the highway and filmed me from telephone-pole altitide!!!!
Open trailer, Jon?! :nono: :drive: :crazy2:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i know what you mean, but i do try to use some discernment :drive: and find that now i usually demonstrate how beautiful a viper sounds - brings smiles ....... and fewer exposures to tickets

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

russellesq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Uh-Oh..... it was 2-3 young guys in that that SUV I had to ditch !! So Im sure it was the WING!

That is Funny!

I take my Viper to the University of Miami football games as it is my daily driver. Even though I got a parking upgrade to park it closer to the stadium, it sure is an interesting experience getting there while weaving in and around lines of drunken college kids.

SCSViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I want to vote a second time! I was minding my business driving home from dropping my daughter off at soccer practice, tonight. I was on one of the main (busy) streets in town in the right lane and a late 80's POS Camaro pulls up next to me reving his engine and trying to spin his tires. His car made a lot of noise, but didn't move very fast. I just kept looking straight ahead and laughed aloud. He finally got the idea and turned off. The other cars around were laughing at his pathetic display, as well. As the saying goes....."Ain't no cure for stupid"!!:dunno:

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last edited:

my05srt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being an SRT owner myself although it's only a 4 and not a 10 I will cruise next to a viper everytime I see one, and it's not because I'm trying to race them or any of that junk I'm just admiring my dream car and hoping that the person driving it will just punch it that's all absolutely love these cars and one day hope to own one. :2tu:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know thats all it is 90% of the time...Hell Im on my third Viper and I still go crazy when I see them. Ive seen two this year..talk about rare

my05srt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
usually viper spottings around my area are rare but this year ive seen atleast 15 around I know a few have been the same one but I've seen an abnormal amount of vipers while ive been out this year :D

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Problem with tailgaters in this scenario was , the police driver was following this tow truck after he impounded the Viper .:(
Our new traffic law allows the police to impound a car for 7 days for first offence , 30 days for second and 90 days for third offence going over the speed limit by 40 kms .:crazy2:

You must be registered for see images

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our new traffic law allows the police to impound a car for 7 days for first offence , 30 days for second and 90 days for third offence going over the speed limit by 40 kms .:crazy2:

40 kms :omg:

that's like uhmm what, 80 mph :eater: no one should drive 80 mph over the speed limit :nono:

:D

wish ted were back to fix my canadian math

:drive:

SCSViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Problem with tailgaters in this scenario was , the police driver was following this tow truck after he impounded the Viper .:(

That photo hurts my eyes to look at. *****!!