Do you think I can live with 700RWHP ?

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to figure out what to do with the new Bumble Bee. Thing of going with a 700RWHP S/C or all out making over 1000RWHP.

The top reasons for thinking of only 700RWHP are;

1-Got kicked out of every track I went to.
2-No one would street race me anymore.
3-Takes too much to make the car certified(NHRA)to go in the nines.

Please help with my sleep loosing decision :D

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i think the nitrous is out of the mix huh? too bad, i think you would love the hit of the bottle, and LOW maintenance it gives for minimal cost when done right. i think if you were going to go the blower way then why ever did you get rid of the monster you just had. I hear its for sale again. and jeff, dont worry, everyone wants to race you when you are king of the hill!!

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't get a race here after my first few.

Got rid of the Red car for those 3 reasons.

Still might go with a 200 shot. Can't make up my mind.

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
something comes with a Boost-Controller, you can have 700RWHP one time and 1000RWHP+ the other time :D

and man you already used to a 946RWHP Viper, 700RWHP for you will sound boring lol. all the best :2tu:

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel your pain! I've been wanting more HP, but can't decide between all of the options such as........ supercharger, TT, nitrous, heads & cam. Every time I think I have decided which way to go, I second guess myself. :confused:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
something comes with a Boost-Controller, you can have 700RWHP one time and 1000RWHP+ the other time :D

and man you already used to a 946RWHP Viper, 700RWHP for you will sound boring lol. all the best :2tu:

That's what I'm talking about!! :2tu:

Flick of a switch, and bam, 250+ more hp!! :headbang:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No half-stepping....If it aint gonna be 1000hp then buy a Honda :)

Im with everyone else....A tt Viper is what you need...Street tune will be 700hp and turn up the boost for track...Best of both worlds...

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
r u keeping this one or selling? if selling it dont bother since you will lose major $$$$. just make sure you have just enough more HP than I do so you can still win.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I could live with a stock Viper. Mods are being completed at Woodhouse as we speak (minor ones). Will I be satisfied, unlikely. NEED MORE POWER.

Kiaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make a 560+ stroker out of it and SC or TT it... Stick on a 100-150 shot for cooling.

Danny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a Supra making almost 1400 RWHP(no NOS). The car is more scary than it is fun. There is a point when too much power takes all the fun out of it....

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHY on earth start over and over and over and over again? :confused: At some point you gotta say "STOP THE INSANITY!"

;)

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have a good therapist for this dilema :confused:

Dimitrios,

Your not allowed to drive with me anyway. Just worry about keeping your car out of the weeds this year. :eek:

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to figure out what to do with the new Bumble Bee. Thing of going with a 700RWHP S/C or all out making over 1000RWHP.

The top reasons for thinking of only 700RWHP are;

1-Got kicked out of every track I went to.
2-No one would street race me anymore.
3-Takes too much to make the car certified(NHRA)to go in the nines.

Please help with my sleep loosing decision :D

This IS Funny! :headbang:

To most Mortals yes this power is enough, To Viper Owners...

NO AMOUNT OF POWER is EVER ENUFF!!

Jay K.

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you live with 700? Sure you can, but more is always better. :headbang: Good luck.

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I empathize with your dilemma. I am debating with going for a Roe vs Paxton vs 1000 hp Paxton setup for my car. I like to hammer the throttle but if I have to worry about going sideways at 75 mph :eek: ..... I guess I just found my answer.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you really enjoyed what you had - 700rwhp will probably get old.

Hard to beat turbos - low maintenance, easy to adjust, sleeper, yet capable of more than you can use if you want to get wild...

you never regret buying the best

as for sanctioning bodies - if the Viper 9 second (or better) community get organized it will not be so hard. There's worse things than having a cage, safety gear etc.... the side bar can be removable to allow easy entry/exit, yet still provide plenty of strength/stiffness when locked in place. You're never going go revert a 1000hp car to stock so reluctance to do it is hard to understand....

rolling a non caged car at speed is not something you'll ever want to repeat

If you want stock interior comfort - drive the E55 :2tu:

Besides a 1000rwhp car should look and feel like one - then it's an event every time you pick up the keys. :headbang:

but then - if its "only" 700rwhp you can keep it all stock :D :p

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff as I said: 3 Questions to ask yourself:

1. What is the purpose of this car?

2. Do you care about how reliable it would be with 700RWHP as opposed to 1200RWHP.

3. Would you ever be totally content with the finished product whatever it is?

IMO you appear to be more of a racer than a cruiser. I really never really see you as the type of person that mostly cruises but knows they have 700RWHP. I see you more as someone that yearns for 2000RWHP and is ready to go out and race. Honestly your more on the prowl to race and conquer than to just cruise with extra ponies. Like everybody else said 700 RWHP might be boring to you. 700 RWHP to me is a big thrill. IMO your cure is a 512 stroker kit(I know you want to pull the creampuff pistons out anyway), twin turbo, (gotta keep the twin in there). Turbo may be a more reliable way to go since you can turn down the boost and not have to always make 1200 RWHP. Now on 1200RWHP days your back to breaking stuff again and spinning the length of the track on moderate low boost days your back to reliability, but hey at least you have that option with control of the turbo boost. Is your head totally spinning now? Oh yeah name change for you would be simple: Twin Vipers to Twin Viper.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff here is starting point: http://www.proturbokits.com/
get your credit card ready cowboy.
Dalton@ Pro Turbo Kits 1-210-657-2076 OR Jose@ forcedinductions 1-256-658-5798

For info regarding tuning and fuel requirements contact

Len Mcdonald @ 1-210-382-6832

Basically the system will let you use anywhere from a 44's to twin 76gts's

1100hp max all the way up to 2300hp max . Now we're talkin.

Danny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is a Bolt On kit?
No fuel upgrade, no computer upgrade?, etc

from their site: "The Kits will be sold as a tuner kit. All fuel system, engine management and the like will be the buyers responsibility".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang