Dodge better bring the rain!

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they want to sell cars the base model price should be at or slightly above the Z06 and the ACR should be where the ZR1 is or slightly above. At $135k entry level it will be strictly a halo car for Chrysler.

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....interresting...... If you are implying Gen5 pricing similar to a GTR......I'm liking it! But, will it beat a Mustang?

C'mon, it will never beat a Mustang or a Supra (I'm a former Supra owner so I know!). Two weeks from today hopefully we will not have to speculate on pricing and they announce it to members. I just don't think they are going to price it out of the market with me being one that could be priced out if they went over $125k. If they stay similar to the Gen IV I'm in as long as it looks good since I am sure it will be a performer. I am hoping it will be like the GTS in 1996 that blew everything away at that time.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I think we should start blocking people that are on this site to bash the cars we love. At least allow one negative/bash on our cars then ban them length based on level of stupidity" quote

What would you expect with all the Mustang bashing here. You have awfully thin skin. For some of us we like automotive products that go fast and look good across all brands. Some of us are Chevy haters, Ford haters, Porsche haters, etc.

The point of this forum is that Ford has upped the HP war with a lower priced vehicle. With all the money spent on development of go fast goodies for these cars, it might bother those who buy Vipers for the superior performance.

Too few Vipers are produced to provide the incentive to spend big bucks on after market parts development. This might bother some of us.

Obviously, comparing a $60,000 to a $100,000 car is, as said so many times, comparing apples to oranges. In the sport of having the fun of bashing each others cars let the forums continue! Frankly I've never seen so much prejudice. I just like cars.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think you may have missed the point.

Mustangs are muscle cars, made to go fast on the drag strip.

Vipers are ultra high performance sports cars, made to go fast on road courses.

Apples and Oranges.

More Mustang owners aspire to become Viper owners than Viper owners that aspire to become Mustang owners : >)

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't think I've missed the point.

But I could argue that there are production Mustangs that could give a gen 2 Viper a run for the money on a road course.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wowzers..

You mean to tell me there are 2012 mustangs that could give a 1996 gts a run on a road course and still lose in the quartermile?

Gasp!

I never would have imagined that 16 years later a 40k car could almost match a older viper!!!!

Bottom line is a gts in a 11.9 @120 mph car and even 16 years later thats still more impressive than 5.0 mustangs or ls3 vettes. Sure by 2016 when the new ls5 475 hp base vette emerges and 450 hp mustang 5.0 emerges they will be able to do everthing a gts can do. But were talking twenty years later.

Nothing last forever. Except for the reputation of being the first obtainable 11 second car in the 90s. That will never die.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But I could argue that there are production Mustangs that could give a gen 2 Viper a run for the money on a road course.

Go for it :D

Even the 2000 Cobra R will not give a stock Gen2 a "run for the money on a road course" - throw in the GTS ACR & it's even more of a defeat (for the Mustang). Unless you mean to compare 2012 mustang to Vipers at least 10 years older.

I love all cars. Out of the 20 I own there are 8 different brands in there. I don't go over to the Ford GT forum and argue that my Gen1 Viper is so much faster than a Ford GT (which it is) and is a much better "bang for the buck" at 30% of the price of the GT.....that would be ********.

Title of the thread "Dodge better bring the rain" insights Viper vs. Mustang comparisons. I've seen many cool Mustangs around (street, shows, etc.). I've never jumped in my Viper and, to PH's point, wished my Viper was a Mustang....

I'm a Mustang "lover" and enthuisast, but I'm a "my Mustang is faster than you xxxxxx" owner hater.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go for it :D

Even the 2000 Cobra R will not give a stock Gen2 a "run for the money on a road course" - throw in the GTS ACR & it's even more of a defeat (for the Mustang). Unless you mean to compare 2012 mustang to Vipers at least 10 years older.

I love all cars. Out of the 20 I own there are 8 different brands in there. I don't go over to the Ford GT forum and argue that my Gen1 Viper is so much faster than a Ford GT (which it is) and is a much better "bang for the buck" at 30% of the price of the GT.....that would be ********.

Title of the thread "Dodge better bring the rain" insights Viper vs. Mustang comparisons. I've seen many cool Mustangs around (street, shows, etc.). I've never jumped in my Viper and, to PH's point, wished my Viper was a Mustang....

I'm a Mustang "lover" and enthuisast, but I'm a "my Mustang is faster than you xxxxxx" owner hater.

I will agree in that I hate all "my car is faster than...." or "I just shut down a ...." claims

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shelby American is celebrating its 50th anniversary by turning up the wick on the Ford Mustang--really turning up the wick.
Carroll Shelby's car-tuning firm is taking the Shelby 1000 to the New York auto show in April. Based on the Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, the street version of the Shelby 1000 will crank out 950 hp. By comparison, the production 2013 Mustang Shelby GT500 is rated at 650 hp.
Want more? Shelby American says a non-street-legal version of the car, the Shelby 1000 S/C, will make more than 1,100 hp.
Both versions of the Shelby 1000 run a supercharged Ford 5.4-liter V8. The street version uses a Kenne Bell unit, while the track car is fitted with a Whipple blower

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120327/NEWYORK/120329853#ixzz1qLIybsVo

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once the FGT motor was dropped in the stangs the sky is the limit on power. So anything you remember/saw out of a FGT you can see from the GT500. I do expect a new fleet of 1000+ HP Shelby street racers very, very soon. Once someone figures out where to cram the turbos......the power making combos have already been "developed" on the FGT's.

......Let's just say we all better recognize the sound of blow off valves....save ourselves potential humiliation.
....or lure them onto twisty roads.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just because they have the power doesn't mean they'll be able to put it to the ground... unless the 10 inchers they put on it have a treadwear rating of 30 lol

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shelby American is celebrating its 50th anniversary by turning up the wick on the Ford Mustang--really turning up the wick.
Carroll Shelby's car-tuning firm is taking the Shelby 1000 to the New York auto show in April. Based on the Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, the street version of the Shelby 1000 will crank out 950 hp. By comparison, the production 2013 Mustang Shelby GT500 is rated at 650 hp.
Want more? Shelby American says a non-street-legal version of the car, the Shelby 1000 S/C, will make more than 1,100 hp.
Both versions of the Shelby 1000 run a supercharged Ford 5.4-liter V8. The street version uses a Kenne Bell unit, while the track car is fitted with a Whipple blower

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120327/NEWYORK/120329853#ixzz1qLIybsVo

WOW.....Oh well you can forget about SRT/Chevy competing with those hp figures on the new Viper and ZR1. Looks like the Mustangs will have hp bragging rights from the factory.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW.....Oh well you can forget about SRT/Chevy competing with those hp figures on the new Viper and ZR1. Looks like the Mustangs will have hp bragging rights from the factory.
these cars are Shelbys, not Fords, or even SVTs. It's like buying a Hennessey.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang