Dodge better bring the rain!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does the underlined portion mean? With the car's weight, aerodynamics and power level, it could not do a standing mile at that speed so what is a "mile pass".
No. It's a Boss 302 with a pulley and tune pushing 1186 to the wheels. He just did the mile pass at 271.38mph on pump gas. He went down to TX2K11 last year and pulled on a Supra so hard that he had time to beat it, stop, get out and wave and the Supra as it passed by. He hasen't been beat yet, but if it ever gets too close he has a 200 shot of nitros that will add another 300 at the wheels. He doesn't even race turbo Hyabusas anymore, they aren't even worth the gas to beat them.

Bne stock, nothing but bolt ons. Vipers are just slow, but Ford GTs are still awesome, just slow now days.

Anyone wanna buy a brigde....cheap?

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I call total ill contrived BS... The Boss 302 is NA so what is the pulley on ? Video or it didn't happen.

No. It's a Boss 302 with a pulley and tune pushing 1186 to the wheels. He just did the mile pass at 271.38mph on pump gas. He went down to TX2K11 last year and pulled on a Supra so hard that he had time to beat it, stop, get out and wave and the Supra as it passed by. He hasen't been beat yet, but if it ever gets too close he has a 200 shot of nitros that will add another 300 at the wheels. He doesn't even race turbo Hyabusas anymore, they aren't even worth the gas to beat them.

Bne stock, nothing but bolt ons. Vipers are just slow, but Ford GTs are still awesome, just slow now days.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow....A 1900awhp 3100lb TT Gallardo nor a 2000+hp TT Ford GT cant do 271mph in a mile but a much heavier 1186rwhp Mustang can??? Were the timing lights where this Mustang ran at the bottom of a cliff? Sorry man no way thats possible with that hp rating. I think you must have misread the number or have the 1 and the 7 backwards and you mean maybe 217mph in the mile. If its 217mph many Vipers, Supras, Vettes, Porsches, Gallardo's etc have beaten that number with ease.

Im guessing by the question at the end of your post that this is a joke right? :)

Last edited:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'll do it for ya fastzilla :eater:

the bridge for sale is the key to understanding

You must be registered for see images attach

:dunno:

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow....A 1900awhp 3100lb TT Gallardo nor a 2000+hp TT Ford GT cant do 271mph in a mile but a much heavier 1186rwhp Mustang can??? Were the timing lights were this Mustang ran at the bottom of a cliff? Sorry man no way thats possible with that hp rating. I think you must have misread the number or have the 1 and the 7 backwards and you mean maybe 217mph in the mile. If its 217mph many Vipers, Supras, Vettes, Porsches, Gallardo's etc have beaten that number with ease.

Im guessing by the question at the end of your post that this is a joke right? :)

Why are you guy's even waisting you cyber fingers on this BS! It's called bench racing....you sit on a bench and pull numbers out of your butt. To be nice about it!!

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are you guy's even waisting you cyber fingers on this BS! It's called bench racing....you sit on a bench and pull numbers out of your butt. To be nice about it!!

You are right lol. I usually dont bite but he got me. But there is no way Zilla is serious lol. VCA member and 700+ posts? He definitely knows better.

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. Hook, line, and sinker. lmao.

I thought it was a pretty clear joke. :rolaugh:

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most days I'm just fishing....Today I was catching!!!!

Every car show I go to I always seem to get approached and told about someone's friend who has a Mustang that will beat a Viper....the Corvette's, Supra's & bikes that have been slain by the mighty steed, etc.

Just being my usual smarty pants self and poking a stick at the horses.....started a bit of a stampede this time :D

Just sold the Corpus Christi Causeway for a song!

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is the 4 wheel drive and the PDK Trans that makes the Turbo S so fast.Their is no wheel spin and the shifts are instant with a power serge on every one.It is at the point that it is very violent.If a LC system with a PDK trans type is offered by SRT in the future Viper it will be faster than anything.I hope they announce this at the show, that it will be aval. in the future.

2011 Porsche 911 Turbo S
2010 Ford Raptor 6.2
2009 Corvette ZR1
2008 SRT Viper Coupe
1997 Viper GTS B/W

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol with the mustang. Goodone.

I as well hope the genv will be available with a paddle shifter. Be much easier to pursuade the wife on it if she can drive it to.

Id just be kinda scared to have a 3400 pound car with 700 hp that shifts that fast and easily without awd

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is the 4 wheel drive and the PDK Trans that makes the Turbo S so fast.Their is no wheel spin and the shifts are instant with a power serge on every one.It is at the point that it is very violent.If a LC system with a PDK trans type is offered by SRT in the future Viper it will be faster than anything.I hope they announce this at the show, that it will be aval. in the future.

2011 Porsche 911 Turbo S
2010 Ford Raptor 6.2
2009 Corvette ZR1
2008 SRT Viper Coupe
1997 Viper GTS B/W

Faster than anything? Its nice to speculate but without AWD I dont see the new Viper being quicker off the line versus cars like the GTR and Porsche Turbo S PDK even if it has launch control and a DCT. It still is launching from two wheels as opposed to 4 like the others and they have DCT/PDK type trannys to boot on top of the AWD. Hopefully it will be close enough off the line with the LC to take em mid to top end. From a roll Id speculate it will beat most of them, maybe even the Aventador.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To the people who didn't figure the joke out, make sure you go buy that blinker fluid! Also make sure you use a left handed screwdriver to get the cap off. SMH lol

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mustangs are like supra's, cant ever loose a race. The Mayans have a mustang vs supra race on the calendar here in 2012, and if you have seen the movie you know how it's going to end......

Kaneda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of you completely missed the point being made by the OP. For $54K, the Shelby is one of the greatest bangs for the buck, ever. If the Viper comes in at $140K, I really think it falls in no-man's land territory. People who have that much for a car, can go more upscale and get something that makes more of a statement. That being said, the VIPER better make a statement the way it used to. From 2004-2010, the car never captured the imagination of the enthusiasts or the public. These cars will plummet in value IMHO.

Don't believe the dealer hype about the Shelby. Charging over sticker may happen in some towns, but shopping on the internet almost guarantees a wide variety of MSRP cars will be around. The issue is, if you really wanted a new Shelby between 2010 and now, you got one. Will those owners trade up and take a huge 20-30K hit on their cars to get into the new model? I priced out a Shelby 2013 and with everything, it's like 63K...ad tax, insurance and that's 70K. I got a 2010 Shelby out the door with all options for $51K.

Anyone who paid 140K for a ZR1 is a *****. Go on autotrader right now. They can't sell that car. Tons sitting with no miles. Great job Chevy building a car that magazines love but nobody wants. And that's my big concern with the Viper. It takes a particular person to want a viper. And let's be honest, they are usually a little rougher around the edges. I believe Viper owners aren't looking to spend a premium to have their cars look like 911s inside. I've seen this happen so many times before. Cars try and move upscale and all they end up doing is abandoning the category they created to compete in one in which they have no shot. I Viper should be between 85-95K. Look at all of the tech you get inside a Nissan GTR. You can see where the money goes. But in a Viper? Show me how a truck engine and big tires is worth 140K.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of you completely missed the point being made by the OP. For $54K, the Shelby is one of the greatest bangs for the buck, ever. If the Viper comes in at $140K, I really think it falls in no-man's land territory. People who have that much for a car, can go more upscale and get something that makes more of a statement. That being said, the VIPER better make a statement the way it used to. From 2004-2010, the car never captured the imagination of the enthusiasts or the public. These cars will plummet in value IMHO.

Don't believe the dealer hype about the Shelby. Charging over sticker may happen in some towns, but shopping on the internet almost guarantees a wide variety of MSRP cars will be around. The issue is, if you really wanted a new Shelby between 2010 and now, you got one. Will those owners trade up and take a huge 20-30K hit on their cars to get into the new model? I priced out a Shelby 2013 and with everything, it's like 63K...ad tax, insurance and that's 70K. I got a 2010 Shelby out the door with all options for $51K.

Anyone who paid 140K for a ZR1 is a *****. Go on autotrader right now. They can't sell that car. Tons sitting with no miles. Great job Chevy building a car that magazines love but nobody wants. And that's my big concern with the Viper. It takes a particular person to want a viper. And let's be honest, they are usually a little rougher around the edges. I believe Viper owners aren't looking to spend a premium to have their cars look like 911s inside. I've seen this happen so many times before. Cars try and move upscale and all they end up doing is abandoning the category they created to compete in one in which they have no shot. I Viper should be between 85-95K. Look at all of the tech you get inside a Nissan GTR. You can see where the money goes. But in a Viper? Show me how a truck engine and big tires is worth 140K.

Welcome to the VCA forum. Nice second post...I really liked the part about the truck engine and the big tires...

Bill

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kaneda,

I'm seeing the market place and future Viper culture as being a more world market as opposed to a homegrown market like it originally started 20 years ago. So the attitude that was so "Viper" years ago doesn't really matter as the market matures, changes and new buyers are coming in.

I think the following numbers of GEN 5's will be leaving our shores in 2013:

China/Asia......................300 cars

Middle East....................200 cars

Russia............................100 cars

Europe...........................100 cars

Canada..........................100 cars

Times change, people change, wants change. Come December 31, 2013 we'll see how close I was regarding my guess for exported Gen 5's.

Regarding the Corvette ZR1, that car is really caught in a bad GM marketing scheme. It is the "fastest" Corvette, but a Z06 my be faster after multiple laps on a road course. The car has great bragging rights, but 99% of the people driving it on the street would have a hard time feeling an acceleration difference between it and a Z06 with ear plugs in.

The key to marketing is selling something to somebody that doesn't need to have it, yet wants it. I can get the same response from most people driving any new Vette, let alone a ZR1. If the ZR1 had a drastically different look to make it stand out from the crowd, it would not be sitting on the lot. GM is just too big and slow to understand the market moves quicker than just making more of the same cars and calling it a different model number/name.

Cheers,
George

BLUEVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never purchased a viper as a financial investment...I have purchased Vipers because I love the unique styling and performance...and love to drive them. You can make all the comparisons you want, but a Viper is a unique, hand-built all american low volume sports car and always will be. The car will continue to evolve and many, like myself, will be along for the ride. As far as I am concerned Dodge, SRT, gets high marks for keeping the next generation under wraps and building up all this excitement...in the era of instant information it is a breath of fresh air to have to actually wait in anticipation for one of the best kept automotive secrets that I can remember...

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol......

Then when I financed the mustang at 10 years and 20% interest that 71k turned into 100grand. Plus the first fill up was 100 bucks.

Toal price of my 51k msrp mustang was 100,100.00

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think we should start blocking people that are on this site to bash the cars we love. At least allow one negative/bash on our cars then ban them length based on level of stupidity. If I want to hear or read good thing about other cars I will go on their site and read it. But don't come to a specific enthusiast site and tell us that our cars ain't worth this or that, we already know what needs to be improved on the viper. Once you start saying people are not going to pay a certain amount of money for certain improvements. If you knew that then there's lots of company's that would want your services.

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we should start blocking people that are on this site to bash the cars we love. At least allow one negative/bash on our cars then ban them length based on level of stupidity. If I want to hear or read good thing about other cars I will go on their site and read it. But don't come to a specific enthusiast site and tell us that our cars ain't worth this or that, we already know what needs to be improved on the viper. Once you start saying people are not going to pay a certain amount of money for certain improvements. If you knew that then there's lots of company's that would want your services.

I understand where you are coming from; however, I welcome anyone who talks crap about our cars. 99% of them would take our cars in a second if it were offered. Even if they wouldn't, I can care less. I love the Viper, it holds just about every important track record, and it looks **** as hell. I love what Ford has been able to do with the Mustang, I love what Chevy has been able to do with the Corvette, but nothing will change my attitude to the Viper.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And let's be honest, they are usually a little rougher around the edges. I believe Viper owners aren't looking to spend a premium to have their cars look like 911s inside. I've seen this happen so many times before. Cars try and move upscale and all they end up doing is abandoning the category they created to compete in one in which they have no shot. I Viper should be between 85-95K. Look at all of the tech you get inside a Nissan GTR. You can see where the money goes. But in a Viper? Show me how a truck engine and big tires is worth 140K.

And this opinion is based on the wannabe's driving base 'stangs down at Pep Boys.
ANY car where you can buy a high performance model AND a low performance base model that look completely similiar dilutes the interest/value and collectability of the performance editon. That's why Mustangs will always be Mustangs.
Vipers never did and would never do that.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forum: "Generation V discussion" - NOT "The Viper is a rip off because my friend with a $50k mustang will beat you with a pulley and tune". I think we can chalk it up to Viper envy. I don't care how rare the mustang is, what racing heritage, how many times Carol Shelby signed it, etc. To 99.9% of the population its "just a Mustang", now let’s go look at those Vipers over there... Unfortunately the Mustang will always settle for honorable mention compared to a Viper.

BTW: My friend with the Mustang I told you about earlier just got beat by another friend of mine with a tricked out Scion with the LFA motor driving it wearing a hamster suit. Freakin Vipers are such a joke.

The "Driven" forum is where Mustang vs. Viper stuff should go, just my stinky opinion. That's why I've been making a joke out of the comparison since I started posting on this thread.

Now to really feed the troll:
Folks that can afford a $140k car view the Viper as the best "Bang for the Buck", same way a guy who can afford a $75k Z06 view the Mustang as "Bang for the Buck"
Making statements about resale value in regards to someone paying MSRP+ for a ZR1 and using the Mustang as "the better alternative" makes you the poster child for throwing rocks in a glass house. Mustang resale prices drop similarly, the big difference between a ZR1 & a Mustang is that the ZR1 eventually hits a plateau and holds - mustangs continue to fall into a black hole.
Now the technology argument - really? Mustang tech, what is that?

Trolling is fine & fun, believe me I'm having a ball right now simply giggling as I type, just bring a better foundation to the initial argument than the Mustang. Throwing GTR's, 911's etc. into the discussion is like a drowning man flailing around.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And this opinion is based on the wannabe's driving base 'stangs down at Pep Boys.
ANY car where you can buy a high performance model AND a low performance base model that look completely similiar dilutes the interest/value and collectability of the performance editon. That's why Mustangs will always be Mustangs.
Vipers never did and would never do that.

This is why the best example of an original early Shelby GT500 Mustang will never be anywhere near as valuable or desirable as comparable AC Cobras or Daytona Coupes. End of discussion.

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think everyone here is going to be very happy with the Gen V pricing. I just sold my Gen II and considered a GTR given its performance and price. I don't think it is a consideration anymore.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think everyone here is going to be very happy with the Gen V pricing. I just sold my Gen II and considered a GTR given its performance and price. I don't think it is a consideration anymore.

Hmmmm.....interresting...... If you are implying Gen5 pricing similar to a GTR......I'm liking it! But, will it beat a Mustang?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang