Dodge Dealer Problem - PLEASE READ

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperholics,

My 1998 Dodge Viper GTS is currently being serviced at the dealer. I have a re-occuring check engine light. The Dealer just gave me some B.S. about my High-Flow cats causing the problem - check engine light. He said the computer is seeing the left engine bank as running lean, and it is adding fuel to compensate. What in the world would cats have to do with this???!!! Not only don't they want to fix the problem, they want to charge me $160 in diagnostics fees!!! Is it possible that high-flow cats could be causing this problem????? I also have a 2.5 inch Corsa exhaust.

Please Help!!!

Hisser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had high flow cats on all my cars and the light has never gone off just due to that. Sounds like you need to take it to someone that deals alot with Vipers.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1rare, Had simular problem about 2 months ago. Dealer couldn't find the problem either. Found problem totally by accident when
adding new ram air assembly. Engine had backfired and blew out
one side of my K&N filter,which had been keeping one side of the motor lean. Put in new air box,cleared codes and light has not been back on in over 2 months. Maybe you will get lucky and have
the same problem.

Ray Silver 98 GTS

Ernie J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put the stock cats back on and see if the problem goes away.
If it doesn't the dealer will have no alternative but to find
the problem.
Also its not a good idea to tell the dealer about any modifications made to the car. They always try to use the
modifications as an excuse when there is a problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine