Dodge Rep. Contact for Poor Repair Service

Allen 00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anybody help me with a contact address or name within Dodge's Viper organization concerning problems with the repair service at a Dodge Dealer?

I took my car to Alvin Dodge near Houston to get my A/C repaired. It took three visits to get it repaired (first they said there was not any leaks, then they found a evaporator leak and replaced it, then they found a compressor leak and replaced it). That would be bad enough, but each time the car was returned they caused another problem. First they poked a hole in my driver’s seat, then the fuel gauge had a loose connection, and now the check engine light came on as I left the dealer.

The normal Dodge customer service did not provide ANY help. I want to write someone at Dodge who cares about Viper owners when they are getting poor service at a dealer. Can anybody help me? Right now I am frustrated enough to get rid of the car and buy something which I can knock about on the track without fear of hurting it.

Frustrated Viper Owner,

Allen
2000 GTS

Please note that I had to re-submit my registration for this web site because it had been too long since I logged in (over a year) so I am not really a completely new member. I have really enjoyed and learned many things from the topics discussed on the site. Particularly, I would have never had the courage to cut the holes in the interior for the 6-point harness without the instructions posted here.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allen. Man I know and feel for what happened to you. I get my viper worked on in the Houston area too. Where do they get these people from?? Last time I brought my dodge ram to demontrond in conroe for service they too punched a hole in the seat. To repair your seat call Gary at 713 201 3026. He is excellent and will come to your house. I brought my viper this summer to the dodge dealer on I 10 in Katy for fluid changes. They got grease on the seat and worse, stepped on the front splitter scratching it. I used to have the best luck with northwest dodge but their tech left and im not sure who they have now. The customer service no. for Dodge I have out of my 99 manual is 8009921997 in Mich. Stay away from dealers if possible for the viper. Call roy at TNT at 7138800279. Best in the AM to get a hold of him. Good luck, I know very well how difficult it is to find quality work around here.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allen, I would suggest starting by reaching out to the Regional President of the VCA club in your area. They may know someone local that can help you. If that does not work send a note to a National officer and they would know where to send it at Dodge/SRT.

Good luck!

OP
OP
A

Allen 00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions and letting me know I am not alone in having problems in the Houston area. I have written the owner of the dealship and I will see if he cares.

I will take you suggestion and send a copy of that letter to the VCA Region President.

Thanks,

Allen

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allen, whatever you do make sure you keep copies of everything. It helps to have good records if you need to go to higher levels to get your situation resolved.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Allen, hope you got things worked out. I just replied to another owner in the forum who made the same mistake of going to a dealership. Hope you went to RSI, TNT or Archer for any further work. They are all near you.