Dodgevipers4sale.com

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How are they??

I have been speaking with Marv, and I'd like to get some feedback from members who have dealt with them. So far, he has been good re. communication.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dealt with Marv and just bought a car from him a couple of days ago. Started off rough since the car was 5 hours away and I couldn't make it there to look at it and they didn't want to bring it here without me putting a deposit on it, but I didn't want to do that since I didn't know if I wanted the car, etc... Catch 22.

Anyway, I ultimately bought the car on spec without even seeing it, and so far have been happy with it. I am dissapointed in one thing which is that the car was claimed to have more horsepower than it really does and it was said to have a particular SVSi package (Stryker 700) when in fact it had a much cheaper Stryker 550 package.)

That aside, I still feel like I got a good deal and the car was ultimately driven down to a shop near me, and all went well. Marv's son has been helpful in answering my questions even after the sale, and they put me in touch with the original owner which was very helpful. So If you feel you are getting a good deal, go for it.

vipernate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did they say the car was a Stryker 700 or did you assume a certain package?

Just curious

Actually it was my fault. The only information that I knew of for the car came from the previous owners mouth and he told me that it had been balanced/blueprinted, ported and polished intake, heads, etc. So when Manny asked what package the car had, I just assumed that it had the 700 because all the mods in that package added up. It's either the 620 or the 700. The 550 does not do any internal work to the motor.

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Be ready to pay a premium. Prices always seem well above market. Best bet is buying direct from a private party. Many nice Vipers out there at fair prices.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nate,

Perhaps you can call SVSi and ask them yourself. I can only tell you what the owner told me, and it was the 550 package. Obviously he did a lot of other stuff to the car as well. I like it a lot, although it is at that point where it would be difficult to take a date in it, as it's hard to hear anything.

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would not buy from them. They had a Yellow Black ACR I was interested in. They wanted 10K below market for mine on trade and 10K above market for the Yellow and Black. $20K off market price.

I guess they hoping I was stupid.

I would not deal with them, they have that slimey used car salesmen mentality.

vipernate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny thing about this board. One person starts the thread off to make it a negative thread, then the band wagon follows. Not too much support from this board, especially for a site supporter. Our philosophy is simple, we buy the best cars out there. We pay top dollar for top examples and then try to make a profit when we resell then to the public. Our prices are not set in stone, you think we're off, then make a offer. It's that easy. I never knock any businessman and if any of you think that it is wrong to try to make a profit for your business, I highly recommened business 101. The simple fact remains - you get what you pay for. If you want a 30K mile 94 Rt for $25K that needs 10K to get into good condition, then more power to you. A Viper is a Viper regardless of condition, we just happen to cater to the high end Viper clientle that expect no less than the best.

Hard to believe that these comments are coming from people that have never dealt with us and just see our asking prices, so they assume that every single car goes for that much. If anything, look at the bright side, we are keeping the market up on your Viper. You want to sell your Viper at a Ebay price?

I'm done with the rant, as a site supporter, it's sad that I have to defend our company to some that are supposed to be on the same side. Oh well.

MOUNTAINWOLF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I talked to them before buying my 00 GTS. I must say that if I had not found the car I did from a private party, I probably would have dealt with Marv on an ACR coming from the northeast. Price seemed to be pretty much in line with many others in similiar condition. They were willing to negeotiate also.

OP
OP
C

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny thing about this board. One person starts the thread off to make it a negative thread, then the band wagon follows. Not too much support from this board, especially for a site supporter. Our philosophy is simple, we buy the best cars out there. We pay top dollar for top examples and then try to make a profit when we resell then to the public. Our prices are not set in stone, you think we're off, then make a offer. It's that easy. I never knock any businessman and if any of you think that it is wrong to try to make a profit for your business, I highly recommened business 101. The simple fact remains - you get what you pay for. If you want a 30K mile 94 Rt for $25K that needs 10K to get into good condition, then more power to you. A Viper is a Viper regardless of condition, we just happen to cater to the high end Viper clientle that expect no less than the best.

Hard to believe that these comments are coming from people that have never dealt with us and just see our asking prices, so they assume that every single car goes for that much. If anything, look at the bright side, we are keeping the market up on your Viper. You want to sell your Viper at a Ebay price?

I'm done with the rant, as a site supporter, it's sad that I have to defend our company to some that are supposed to be on the same side. Oh well.

If you are in ANY WAY directing this comment to me, I was asking a simple question about the integrity of your firm, as I have about EVERY ONE ELSE that I have bought from. There is NO WAY that I am going to rush into a purchase without investigating further. I am always glad that I do my research before I make up my mind.

This is my FIRST Viper, and I have no experience dealing with purchasing this car, so I am going to get all the info that I can. Read my post again, I said that Marv was "good re. communication." Tell me how that is negative?

Remember, this thread was started as an open book. I thought that the VCA advocated helping new, future, and current owners??

Thank you all for your comments.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, for what it's worth, a dealer is in it to make money, just like any business. Like Nate said, if you don't like the price, you can make an offer or go elsewhere. The car I bought I got for a few grand less than the asking price which had just been reduced from a previous price. The thing that sold the car for me was the fact that it had a ton of work done to it including suspension, brakes, engine, body, stereo, etc., which came to about $50K worth of enhancements from what I added up after talking to the owner. All in all, I only paid $9K more than my last stock viper (they are the same year and model), but I got all this extra 'stuff' which to me was worth it since I was going to be adding it all to the other car slowly and eventually, anyway. I got a direct port Nitrous system to boot.

I feel I got a good deal. Did I get the absolute best price I COULD HAVE gotten from them? After cutting the checks, probably not, but hey, I am happy with the purchase and I got it for the price that we discussed and everything turned out ok.

And now if I have any questions, I can just ask Nate or call the owner and all should be good. Would I deal with them again? Absolutely, and as a 2nd time buyer, I am betting it will go even better.

On another note, I dropped SVSi a few emails asking about supercharging costs to the car since they worked on it previously, and Ron Sr. replied back (after abour 4 days) saying to just deal with Jon (West Coast Vipers) as he knows what he is doing for race cars. I thought that was odd that they didn't want to deal with me. Strange.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant