does a gen II hardtop fit on a gen I rt10?

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a pro on this but I don't think so. The latching mechanism parts are in different areas. Not sure but this is what I have been told. Jeff Lemke would probably know for sure.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It depends on what you would say constitutes a "fit". :cool:

I'm aware that each Gen I year ('92-96 RT) had a different front latch pin design and/or depth; e.g. a '94 soft top won't fit correctly on a '95, yet a '92 will fit on a '95 but not quite tight enough on the leading edge to keep the rain out - all of this is from personal experience. So, the chances of a Gen II top fitting would seem to be unlikely.

Now, if something like a latch pin swap out is OK, and you're otherwise not too concerned with the fit, it might be worth a try. As the Gen II hard top has the rubber weatherstripping for the windows, I'm fairly sure a Gen II top won't work right with any of the Gen 1 windows (stock, Northwind, etc), even assuming the windshield seal and pins work.

Yeah, mostly idle speculation on my part...

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it fits on a 94. you have to change out the front pins to what matches your car. the weatherstriping does not match tho.
I have one on my car, so it is possible.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen a double bubble hardtop on a 92 when on holiday in Calgary Canada, but I'm not sure wether that was a gen 1 or 2 top :eek:

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about a hard top, but the softtop definitely doesn't fit (so by extension....). Besides the front latches being different, the curvature at the rear by the targa bar is different. I could probably take pics of this
if you want to see how big the difference is.

a-mechanic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be willing to trade my 1993 hard top and windows for a soft top and curtains. note the glass is scratched. and they need weatherstrip. the top is a mopar hard top,red,has a few scratches and 1 small area is cracking.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have seen a double bubble hardtop on a 92 when on holiday in Calgary Canada, but I'm not sure wether that was a gen 1 or 2 top :eek:
They did make a double-bubble hard top for the Gen I. If it was on a Gen I, it was likely the Mopar Gen I hard top.

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a gen II hardtop, Ryan, factory new replacement part (no hardware, no weatherstipping, no paint). If you want to check it out, give me a call.

greg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96