does anybody know the resistance values of the o2 sensors?

Ooomph

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my Belangers installed about a month ago and have now gone through a second o2 sensor (passenger side). First one failed at 700 miles after install, no rich or lean codes, just failed to work at all. The dealer replaced the sensor under warranty the first time but I don't want to take it in again for the same problem, I have a feeling that they'll fight warranty repair this time. Anyway, the new o2 sensor appears to have failed, this time at ~100 miles after it was installed.

I was wondering if anybody knew the resistance value of the sensor at normal operation, so I could slap one inline on the harness to rule out the harness and pcm. If it ends up being just the sensor I'll probably buy some mil inhibitors, especially if this looks to be a chronic issue.

thanks,

Thom

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Resistance is meaningless; they produce a voltage that is about 0.7V at stoichiometric (14.7:1 A/F ratio). O2 sensors are quite complex and require active circuitry to simulate, you cannot just stick a resistor in series (except maybe the heater circuit).

OP
OP
O

Ooomph

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did on my C5 and it worked great. There's got to be an input voltage and an output voltage. That's the purpose of O2 simulators. 12 volts in, 700mv out if good? Do you happen to know the amperage at which they operate? Via the input voltage I can get the output voltage to be in the good range of 700mv.