Does anyone have issues with their windows closing properly?

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 2003 SRT10 does this. I've found that if I close the door a little slower, it helps. But I normally just crack the windows a bit so the glass doesn't catch on the top.

My window hits the top no matter how fast I close the door. I was hoping someone could explain how I get into the door so I could adjust the glass angle as suggested by Viper Specialty. Anyone? Thanks!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My window hits the top no matter how fast I close the door. I was hoping someone could explain how I get into the door so I could adjust the glass angle as suggested by Viper Specialty. Anyone? Thanks!

Panel Removal;

-Remove Round Plastic Clips: Push the center of them inwards , when they pop in, you can pull them out. Manually push the center back out above flush for install, then slid in and push flush. They have 3 positions for install, lock, and removal.

-Remove Interior Door Panel "pull" Handle: Allen screw at bottom, phillips heads behind.

-Remove Door Speaker: Phillips head, 2 Torx screws behind the speaker, 1 electrical connector

-Remove Remaining Phillips screw from panel behind interior door panel "exit" handle.

-2 clips will them hold the top of the door panel to the door structure, they must be pulled in an upward motion. If you have small hands, you can reach up inside the door to help collapse the clips and facilitate removal- be careful, you can damage the interior door panel if you yank the black strip off the top. Its a bad design, the clips are often stronger than the panel they are hooked on!

Once you get the panel loose, disconnect electrical connectors and the manual release cable from the back of the door. Remove this by prying the holder out of the handle assembly, then unhook the cable from the handle- this is another pain in the butt.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you Dan! Is it obvious how to adjust the glass and window stop once you are in the door? Thanks for your help. Doug

You will see the nuts that hold the window rails in place. loosen the nuts and use an allen key in the end to move the rail in and out, then re-tighten the nuts. It is tough to describe, but when you see it, you will see what I mean. The window stop is fairly obvious.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc