Does anyone know Viper.Paul on ebay?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He put them on without looking at the valves?? Pretty hard to miss a burnt valve. Did he wash them prior to installing? If he did a good cleaning job, he would have seen a burnt valve. If he didn't clean them, what else got in your engine.
I don't think you have a very good mechanic.:dunno:

They should have gotten a thorough cleaning before assy even if they were sealed from factory. You don't know what's in them!!!

I'll say it again...I'm so happy to live an hour away from the Wizard. No way Chuck would install a used head like that without going over every millimeter. Good to see Paul backing up his sale although I'm not surprised.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper paul has another set for sale on Ebay right now, I was thinking a bout bidding on them, but I might not now. I know Viper Paul stood behind his product.

Why in the world would this thread change your mind ??? :dunno:

His guarantee is in his ad and he stood by it ! What more could you ask for ? Perfection ? No one is perfect. Perhaps he looked at the heads and missed the issue. Chipster's Viper tech probably looked at the heads also and missed the issue. When buying used, salvage, untested parts, you take a risk. The best bet if you are going this route is to buy from a respected vendor like this, knowing that stuff happens occasionally; but, you have a fellow VCA member that will take care of the issue.

OP
OP
C

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was not something that would have been noticed at first glance which is why no one caught it as far as I can tell. Just the luck of the draw. I definitely would only order a part like this from a VCA sponsor or a known member though.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was not something that would have been noticed at first glance which is why no one caught it as far as I can tell. Just the luck of the draw. I definitely would only order a part like this from a VCA sponsor or a known member though.

Chip

I'm in Alabama now, so send me pay-pal and I'll send you my car :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Hope it all worked out for you. I didn't read the whole thread so do not know what happened or the outcome. I miss you guy's back home.

me

OP
OP
C

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good to hear from you man. It's a long story, haven't driven the car in like a month and a half. Should have it back sometime this week though. I think my search for a Gen III or IV is done with haha. If I get rid of the GTS, it will be for a Gallardo!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang