Donate or sale and donate proceeds?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got a dilemma. I have some old Viper magazines that were given to me that I was going to donate to the local children's hospital. Now, I'm beginning to wonder if I should sale the magazines here and use the proceeds to buy actual toys? I know the Viper magazines are full of pretty glossy Viper photos, but if you were a sick kid, would you rather look/read them or have an actual toy to play with? I'm leaning towards selling them, but wanted some more opinions. I know I am making this thread too late to have time to sell the mags and buy toys before Christmas, but I do have other actual toys that I'm going to donate to the hospital today. I can always go back after Christmas and donate more toys if most people agree the kids will enjoy the toys over the magazines. So, what should I do?

Here the mags I have:

97: Summer, Fall
98-2002: All
03: Summer

I will be using 100% of the net proceeds to buy toys, so I won't profit $0.01 :) Will sell separate or as a set. Make an offer :)

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chad, as always you think of the kids! I say buy them toys...you're right, unless they're teens, they'd probably prefer to play with toys. Even tiny Vipers! You're a good man, Chad! KUDOS! ~juli

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sell them here and buy toys.....how much for all them?

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give the magazines away with a toy viper (similar to the one in the mags) and I will give you 30 bucks when I see you. Go santa chad!

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give the magazines away with a toy viper (similar to the one in the mags) and I will give you 30 bucks when I see you. Go santa chad!

Thanks Kevin, I'm gonna wait and see what type offers I get on buying the magazines. These things are worth way more than $30 :) More money=more toys :2tu: Plus I get to pretend like I'm a kid and go shopping in the toy department longer :D

Here's the ad:

ViperClub Classifieds - Viper Magazines. Proceeds going to charity! - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My offer will go to $100 for all three. That should help with the offers.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My offer will go to $100 for all three. That should help with the offers.

I just got off the phone with kman. He has agreed to buy the magazines for $100. He then said to give them to the kids at the hospital :2tu: So now, I'm going shopping with a crisp $100 bill, buying toys and then donating the toys and magazines to the children's hospital :headbang: Thanks Kevin! Time to go have some fun shopping! :D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You ROCK Kman!!!! AS do you Chad...have fun shopping like a lil kid...these kids who you are shopping for are very very lucky! You have a very kind heart, Chad. ~juli

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice moves, guys!

Chad- take the camera!
Not only for the smiles/expressions on the kids faces, but I've also found that the hottie quotient at hospitals can be quite high. :D

Oh, also: shoot an email to a couple of the local TV stations. Say something like, "A regular guy, who happens to own a Dodge Viper, will be playing Santa on Dec. 2x at xxPM at ABC Hospital (main entrance).
He will be delivering toys and issues from his Viper Magazine collection to children spending the holidays in the hospital.
For more information, call 1-404-HOO-TERS
"

I'll bet your good deed ends up on the tube.

Pssst....call your favorite "restaurant" and tell them to tune into Channel XX at whatever time they air the piece. :)

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice moves, guys!

Chad- take the camera!
Not only for the smiles/expressions on the kids faces, but I've also found that the hottie quotient at hospitals can be quite high. :D

Oh, also: shoot an email to a couple of the local TV stations. Say something like, "A regular guy, who happens to own a Dodge Viper, will be playing Santa on Dec. 2x at xxPM at ABC Hospital (main entrance).
He will be delivering toys and issues from his Viper Magazine collection to children spending the holidays in the hospital.
For more information, call 1-404-HOO-TERS
"

I'll bet your good deed ends up on the tube.

Pssst....call your favorite "restaurant" and tell them to tune into Channel XX at whatever time they air the piece. :)

Good ideas, but I know the hospitals won't allow pictures of the kids due to privacy reasons. We found this out at a GA-VCA event at a children's hospital a couple years ago. As for *******, me and a friend went late Friday night (11pm-ish)....bad is the only word that comes to mind. There was only 3 girls working and only 1 was worth actually wanting to see on TV :mad: Hopefully they'll get some new employees for 2009 :D I'm not doing this for camera time anyway. Just consider me Secret Santa :D

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I'm happy to say I did go to Wal-Mart and clean out their toy dept :D Along with the toys I already had to donate, I donated 7 full bags of toys and a box full of Viper magazines! I put the name VCA on the donation form since without the VCA, I wouldn't have had nearly as many toys as I did :) I did drive the Viper to the hospital in hopes that a hottie little nurse would think I was a hottie little doctor, but no luck. Gotta try again next year :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang