Door opens by itself

AlvaSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I shut the drivers door and it pops open.
Like you were oppening the door from outside.
I did a search and I could not find anything.

Copernicus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the first area to investigate would be the door harness. It seems that is one of the weakest points in these cars.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, door wires. Same thing happened to me. I believe it's the blue with red stripe wire.

ByteMe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If that is not it, my problem was the microswitch for the door open button. The door would open by itself or when it did close I could do a "Fonzy" by hitting it lightly at the bottom and it would open.

nismobrown

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yes and no as the micro switch is operated by the external button.
to confirm it is the switch, listen up close as you press the door button and you should hear or feel the quiet click of the switch operating. compare the noise and feel to the other door and see if there is a difference. if one clicks and the offending door doesn't then i would say that it is the switch.
to locate it , remove the door card and the interior plastic trim at the rear of the door button. watch you don't damage the thin rubber sealing tape which is at the top of this trim . you might be able to repair it if it has no corrosion but it's more likely to be scrap. the switch is held in place with a small plastic retaining pin so make sure you don't lose or break it .
all the best, dave.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of how to remove the switch, or panel to view the switch?

I don't want to damage anything.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960