Door Poppers

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just finished reading a Gen I post about door poppers and got me to thinking (a dangerous condition).

Is it possible to program the alarm/key fob to pop open the driver door via the fob? I really dislike using the door handles and typically leave my windows down so I can access the inside door handle. I have poppers on my RT/10 and like them a lot.

Nacho_SRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not sure you can program the door poppers on the stock keyfob, but I'm pretty sure it can be done with an aftermarket fob.

I'm confused on how you Gen 1 guys get into your car without the door poppers. Can you shed some light on this subject please?

Dead President

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stock RT/10 Gen 1 had zippers on the (jeep) windows that you can use to access the inside door handle to open the door. Aftermarket plexiglass windows had either a slider or an access door or door poppers with an emergency door release cable under the hood if your battery was dead. Some of the plexiglass windows were 3/4 height so that you had room to reach in as well.

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the stock top (hard and soft), and stock side windows. You can set the alarm, but you cannot lock the car up, that is, the stock sliding windows do not lock; therefore, the car is always open. This is the same with door poppers; except some after market side windows may have a lock on them(key). I have door poppers, but again the car is always unlocked, but the alarm is set.
Like Daffy Duck Viper said, "They open the door using the inside-door handle." Or door poppers for great convenience.

Viper SRT, are you talking about door poppers for your 2003??

Later,

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I am talking about for the SRT. I hate using the painted outside door handles myself and cringe when someone else does it. I normally use the inside door handles when the windows are down. However, when it is truly locked up with windows up there is no alternative but to use the outside handles. Use of a key fob to pop the doors would be great.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had after market poppers on both doors on my 95 RT/10 and rear hatch on my 96 GTS a while back. Worked great. I think the rear hatch was a device sold by SnakeOyl if I remember right.