Door trim (inner)

chiurw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just to update this thread a little.

I called Jon, he says he doesn't carry the after market item discussed here. He did have several OEM passenger side ones but none for the driver's side at this time.

I have a call in to Paul now to see if I can get it from him.

Can you provide an update to this? The trim on my driver's side is cracked and was either going to glue it back on or replace it.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Paul has them in stock now. He was out as well back when I posted the above. I wound up buying all new door panel so i don't need it anymore. What Paul has is not an after market piece but the Gen4 piece that is suppose to be stronger and clips on to the panel.

Laundryboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recently bought a 2010 a couple of weeks ago. While it’s been sitting in my garage waiting for spring I noticed what appears to be the same, or at least similar problem with mine. On the passenger side there is about a four inch split that starts at the back and runs forward. Are the generation four the same as generation 3? I guess this would be a warranty item wouldn’t it?

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the top strips are breaking away but not broken off, then just JB Weld them where it is cracking. It works great on plastic too. Piss poor design from the factory IMHO, as a piece like that belongs on a Fisher Price car. The new Gen V must have some better quality to it.

Mine started to tear ever so slightly near the rear part of the passenger door side. I lifted it up slightly and put some two sided tape in there. It is holding in place nicely and is not tearing any further.

I thought the same thing as you at first. They would have been better off duct taping it on. At that point, I realized the Viper was still a Dodge.

Good luck. Anyone have pictures of these so called "stronger" replacement stripes in a side by side comparison? These Viper prices, what do we think we are owned by Ferarri or something? Wait!...........

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While it’s been sitting in my garage waiting for spring I noticed what appears to be the same, or at least similar problem with mine. On the passenger side there is about a four inch split that starts at the back and runs forward. Are the generation four the same as generation 3? I guess this would be a warranty item wouldn’t it?
I would certainly think warranty would cover it, and no way!! I would let it go. No Gen4 OR Gen3 car should have this happen spontaineously. Mine broke because I broke it.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
btw Laundryboy, Welcome to the club. Now's a good time to join. At least put your VIN in your profile PM a Mod and get upgraded to Viper Owner status. (Don't you get a free membership with buying a new Viper?)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang