#@#%$^ Doug Levin and dynos

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally scanned my blower-only dyno pull from December, and it's pretty telling. The damn car just makes too much power! The pull was going great until the rear tires spun at about 4500 RPM, at which point the HP curve just goes flat. From the TQ and the curve shape, it was headed toward mid-800s at the wheel until the tires let go.

There's no RPM data because of the tire spin (confuses the dynojet software) but I reconstructed the RPMs based on tire size, then calculated the TQ values at several key points. I suppose I'll just have to try it on slicks next time :mad:

I dunno how I'm going to make this thing hook up on Nitrous :shocked:

You must be registered for see images

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hot DAMN!

Not trying to start a war here, but didn't Dr Roof's car pull harder than that? I mean he didn't lose it on the dyno, but he had some sharp #'s.

hum...

Time to get back to the dyno, I guess. When are you going to try again?

JD

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben-
What about bringing your car down to APEX this week for a dyno? We'd love to see your beast in action....and with 5 straps I think we should be able to negate wheelspin...

What do you think?
-Wayne

S

SUN RA KAT

Looks like you're ready to do a speed run in 6th gear...at Bonneville!

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice numbers! Look for a Dynapack dyno and you won't have any problems running with nitrous :laugh:

You must be registered for see images attach

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally scanned my blower-only dyno pull from December, and it's pretty telling. The damn car just makes too much power! The pull was going great until the rear tires spun at about 4500 RPM, at which point the HP curve just goes flat. From the TQ and the curve shape, it was headed toward mid-800s at the wheel until the tires let go.

There's no RPM data because of the tire spin (confuses the dynojet software) but I reconstructed the RPMs based on tire size, then calculated the TQ values at several key points. I suppose I'll just have to try it on slicks next time :mad:

I dunno how I'm going to make this thing hook up on Nitrous :shocked:

You must be registered for see images

Ben, I would just take it to Apex or something and get some good straps to hold that baby down. I would be curious to see what the Nitrous sheet looks like. At what point did the tires slip on the nitrous pull? The torque looks great. Do you have the rest of the curve past 5,000 RPM for the blower only pull? Paolo

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben,

Why don't you just dyno the car in 5th? The dyno knows nothing of gear ratios - it only cares about acceleration/speed of the drum and RPM.