Doug Levin, you ARE the man....

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see some vipers getting 1.46, 60 foot with that hook and power they should run 9's. I have a twin turbo stage 2 buick motor in my Grand National it ran with stock suspension 1.50 60 foot and 9.52 et at 147mph at 17lbs of boost. The car weighted 3650 with driver. I never dynoed the car but it is making approximately 1000hp. The car is a true street car, all steel with full interior only air and heater box is out.

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I keep seeing all the horepower and torque Doug Levin's supercharged viper cars make, so please no flame intended. However no timeslips is there something wrong at the track. Most of the fastest cars are heads, cam and spray. Please most some of these supercharged cars time's.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I to would like to see some DLM cars at the track. I know if I had a supercharger it wouldn't stop me from going to the track. In the last 12 months I've run about 75 1/4 mile passes. I also don't agree with nitrous is for the 1/4 and a blower is for the street. Most people have nitrous because it's cheap, that's the primary reason. Given a choice between nitrous and a blower, with the cost and power being the same 99% would pick a blower. It's not really a choice of track verses street, it's power verses $$$.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rest assured, when I get my DLM car back it will be heading straight for the dragstrip. There's no reason a blower car can't run just as quick as a heads+NOS car, and it should be considerably faster to boot. I'll probably only get two runs, however, since NHRA tracks now boot you if you run &gt;135 MPH without a cage and 'chute.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I promise as soon as my car arrives in the bluegrass state i will head directly for the track. I wish there was some numbers posted by other supercharged vipers but i have yet to find any!

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dr, I saw your car. It looks AWESOME&gt;

Enjoy.
smile.gif

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dr Roof, one of my favorite tuners is DLM. His cars are a work of art. I only have a Level 1 but it's one of the best running cars I've ever owned. It's the second DLM blower car built by Doug. Honestly the first car built by Doug I had no idea what to expect for performance and reliability. Well, after car number two Doug has my highest respect for building performance cars.
This board is only a tiny portion of viper owners with DLM cars. There are more out there I'm sure. Let us know what you run with a level 2.

p.s. Dang it Doug, tell us about the Big Three!!!

Max

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950