Doug Levin's Motorsports Stage 2/Stage 3?

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug Levin\'s Motorsports Stage 2/Stage 3?

Can the Viper owners that have or are having DLM upgrade there vipers to Stage 2 or 3. What is the price difference between the stage 2 package and the stage 3 package. HP differences and is there some type of warantee on work performed?

We site lists Stage 1 pricing only:
Our Level 1 System comes standard with:

* High efficiency Supercharger unit
* Keyed crankshaft
* SFI approved billet damper
* 10 rib belt drive system
* 6061 mounting brackets with premium hardware
* DLM fuel and ignition Viper control unit
* Hi Temperature silicone hoses with T-clamps
* One piece billet crankshaft pulley
* Upgraded fuel system with liquid filled fuel gauge
* Hi flow oil discharge tube
* Cockpit adjustable fuel enrichment controller
* Lower temperature range spark plugs
* Synthetic oil & filter
* Air bypass valve
* Matching Boost gauge

Boost level between 6-8 psi. Rated at 600+ horse power (est).
Price installed $17,995 plus tax, for complete package.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Doug Levin\'s Motorsports Stage 2/Stage 3?

That's one of the greatest things about Dougs packages. They are ALL built to be upgraded.. I find myself doing the exact same thing.. Getting things here from a LevelIII, there...etc..
If you were to purchase a level I, He can EASILY make it a Level I+, Level II, Level II+...

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Slitherin,
You should ask this question of Doug directly. The reality as I've seen it is that (a) every system he does is a bit different, and he's constantly changing little bits as the technology improves, and (b) as a result, the price varies considerably depending on what you've already done to the car and what you want out of the car when it's finished.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just send him the car and do what i did start at a Level 1 and keep adding and adding till it becomes a level 2 then add some more! Whatever, the case may be! You wont find an dissatisfied customer that has his car back!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr Roof:
Just send him the car and do what i did start at a Level 1 and keep adding and adding till it becomes a level 2 then add some more! Whatever, the case may be! You wont find an dissatisfied customer that has his car back!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's funny you should say that, I ended up doing the same thing.. On both my DLM cars. ***** huh??

Gerald

Reaction score

Any Level Supercharger System we install can be upgraded. They also can be "updated" and I encourage our customers to do just that at a minimal cost.

Given the privilege to build an outstanding performance car for our customers we're always striving to improve each and every system.
That means each car will have more enhancements; no two are alike.

All of our systems come with a one year limited warranty.

Our Level I $17,995 installed will produce a minimum of 600 rwhp with NO exhaust work or any other modifications. Contrary to my website it's NOT an estimated number. It will make 600 - 640 at the rear wheels
smile.gif

Level II (costs in the low to mid thirties - depending on other modifications) will make easily 700+ rear wheel horsepower. NO nitrous, NO headers, NO race fuel. Same drive ability as our Level I. These horsepower numbers are produced with your hi flow cats & mufflers!

Level III (call for pricing) will make a "minimum" of 750++ rear wheel horsepower on pump gas. Once again; NO nitrous, NO race fuel, with your hi flow cats & mufflers!

Our newest addition to our Forced Induction Family (yet to be named) will be properly introduced very soon and will surpass any previous horsepower production cars we've ever produced! I'm looking forward to sharing with you the details in the very near future.

Regards,
Doug Levin

GASDOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So how much boost are the Level II and III cars running?

Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GASDOC:
So how much boost are the Level II and III cars running?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>GASDOC -

Because boost is a measurement of restriction the number can vary between applications. We use boost numbers as "reference only" not as actual horsepower gained. "How much CFM you can flow is the question"
A better flowing engine may represent a lower boost number (or restriction)
but may in fact produce more horsepower. So to answer your question, they may vary between 7 - 10 psi. depending on engine efficiency and tuning circumstances. I like to tune on the conservative side. If we obtain our objective regarding horsepower and perfect engine management I may indeed lower the boost. What may be optimum for one engine may not be for another ... usually the case.

Thanks for your question!
Doug

Trans Am WS6 420

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Supercharged Vipers:

Our newest addition to our Forced Induction Family (yet to be named) will be properly introduced very soon and will surpass any previous horsepower production cars we've ever produced! I'm looking forward to sharing with you the details in the very near future.

Regards,
Doug Levin

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh HELL yes!!! Sounds like Fudds will be getting a bit more interesting, huh Doug?
wink.gif
I'm reserving my ride now
yesnod.gif

- Matt

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Can this package be measured on a dyno?

Why do you guys need so much power? I can't understand it....

oh uhhh, nevermind.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score

&gt; Can this package be measured on a dyno?

Hopefully not. I hear those dynojets can only show up to 1200 ft/lbs
supergrin.gif
We'll know soon enough...

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Spill the beans Doug! I may just have to stop by the shop and see for myself. How did the performance numbers add up for the black R/T with the wing? That's not the new package is it? Looking forward to your reply and maybe a spin
supergrin.gif

See you soon,
Ross

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ross,
The black car w/wing was probably FastFreddie's; I'll leave it to him to spill the beans on how it turned out. I believe his system was a level II w/intercooler.
The first of Doug's new "total insanity" packages to hit the streets will be on my yellow RT, and I hope to have results I can post about in 4-8 weeks. Until then, Doug's asked me to keep mum about the details, so I'll simply note that I believe the bar is going to be significantly raised when my car is complete.
If you DO happen to get a ride from Doug in the beastie, please post details. I won't have the opportunity to fly out and see it until VOI, so any vicarious drives I can get are much appreciated
smile.gif

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:read: be at VOI with a camera to capture the funny face Ben makes upon driving his car :read:

Gerald

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score

FAST FREDDIE &gt; Tell Us the results of the beast! Tell us about some insane power! My car is almost done I need some added excitement to get me through the week!

Reaction score

No spilling the beans here
smile.gif
. But the car we just completed last week (in sequential order in which it came in) was indeed FastFreddie's. He owns a '95 Gen I with 52,000 miles. Thanks to Mr. FastFreddie his car a "Level II +" made 765 rwhp and 787.2 rwtq on 93 octane fuel, NO nitrous. The temperatures in the dyno room measured over 103 degrees. I have to say, when I started supercharging Vipers back in the pre-GTS days the've since come a long way but the fun factor still remains the same!

Next up: (in sequential order in which it came in).
Dr Roofs car
smile.gif
. David has been great to work with and allowed us to add some new technology to his 98 GTS. I'm looking forward to delivering his car this week with a new fuel system, computer software and other goodies. His car should give us some invaluable data with this new technology. After some dyno testing it will be off to the 1320' to give us some track time to evaluate his performance package.

Last but not least, (waaaay out of sequential order with plenty of dust on it) Our friend Ben Treynor's car....
It's just a little one
embarass.gif

Matt - I hope this answers your question
yesnod.gif

Regards and plenty of thanks,
Doug

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Damnit Doug,

I'm sending my car back.. New technology still?
pissed.gif

Gerald

p.s
congrats to FF for the GenI MONSTER!!!

Dr. Roof, You're going to love to lay waste to some bikes!

Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gerald:
Damnit Doug,

I'm sending my car back.. New technology still?
pissed.gif

Gerald

p.s
congrats to FF for the GenI MONSTER!!!

Dr. Roof, You're going to love to lay waste to some bikes!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually Gerald, I would like to have your car back. Every car that goes out the door always leaves with something a little more advanced. I do need a little time but would like to retro your car.

Talk to you soon,
Doug

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I cant sleep im so excited! I already cleaned out the garage and pulled a permit for the construction of my new one! All I know is there will be a alot of miles suddenly put on my car!

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr Roof:
I cant sleep im so excited! I already cleaned out the garage and pulled a permit for the construction of my new one! All I know is there will be a alot of miles suddenly put on my car!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm happy you're finally getting your Viper back buddy. I remember when you 1st sent it off. I bet you feel like a brand new owner!
smile.gif

I did anyway. Congrats!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Supercharged Vipers:
Last but not least, (waaaay out of sequential order with plenty of dust on it) Our friend Ben Treynor....
It's just a little one
embarass.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amazing what you can do pulling things out of context huh?
smile.gif

Gerald

p.s.
With those of you getting your DLM supercharged Vipers back soon. Just WAIT until cooler weather hits.. I swear it feels like your car just gained another 100+HP!!!!!! If your getting 750+ at the rears in 100 degree dyno room, wait until it's 50 degrees outside...
supergrin.gif

When I got mine back, it got cold for about a week (cold for FL was about 60 degrees). No comparison. Unreal.