Downtown Parking

sbarbier

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The wife and I are going into Asheville on Sat. night and I'm thinking of taking the Viper. However, I'm kinda hesitant about parking along the street. These cars attract so much attention I just get concerned that some drunk a-hole is going to do something stupid. Anyone else have this problem or am I just being overly cautious? What do you guys do in this situation?

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i drive/park mine at lowes, home depot, walmart, academy, office max, etc., but i'd not park mine on the street in downtown, any downtown.

too many haters

OP
OP
S

sbarbier

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's kinda what I'm thinking, too many haters. It would be a little different if the rest. had valet parking or a secure lot. But even that wouldn't guarantee something bad happening.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never park mine where it isn't in sight of a bazillion sober people. Just like Euchi-wan-kanobio, I take mine to Wal-Mart, Lowes, Home Depot etc, and if it's not the first spot by the front door it's way in the back near the highway where 20 cars see it every second.

There are too many threads on vandalism. Leave it at home.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
brush off them haters!!!

i usually dont mind parking on a mainstreet in front of a busy restaurante/bar as the viper loves attention and the haters dont mess with her when there are alot of people around. The only time i have ever been a victim of vandelisim or know of anyonelse being vandalised is when parked out of sight.

Anytime im caught in this predicament i recall when i was younger always saying to myself: "man, No-One takes their vipers out." "when i get my viper im gonna take it Everywhere" Sure i dont take it Everywhere now (especailly if im planning on having more than a couple drinks) but hey, im sure all the fans appreciate it when she's sitting out on mainsteet gleeming clean.
:bounce: <--my vipers fans

Its ALWAYS a better night when the viper tags along :headbang:

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I parallel park my car downtown on a block with 6 bars (I live on the block). Nobody has ever messed with the car.
However, the passenger side mirror doesn't drop enough to see the curb and don't park in front of a bar's front door.

Nick

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My experience with downtown Asheville was way too many STRANGE college kids. I mean the kind carring signs talking about how if you don't drive a Toyota, you're killing a polar bear. There are several members on here from around Asheville, so they can probably tell you if these kids are harmless. When we had the Viper event there last year, I didn't venture near downtown, we stayed around the Biltmore.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1
you don't have to worry about others' doors either. :D

You must be registered for see images

Nick