Driver Seat Leather Tearing at stitches.

smashman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My driver seat has some cracking/tearing at the stitching. Has anyone else had this problem? I understand it's covered under factory warranty but should I push to replace? Any advice appreciated.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine as replaced too...due to some damage caused by a broken off screwdriver bit under the protective plastic.

Look at it carefully after the install as they will probably only replace the cushion part and not the backrest.

Docta Vipa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My driver's seat is cracking along the outer edge, along the stitching, after less than a year on the road and only 5K miles.
Warranty should cover it. So far Dodge has been very good to work with.

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My driver seat has some cracking/tearing at the stitching. Has anyone else had this problem? I understand it's covered under factory warranty but should I push to replace? Any advice appreciated.
If the car is still in the 3yr 36k warr hell yes make them replace it. One of the reasons that it it cracking is because it is a plastic vinyl material that it is made of. It is designed to look good for a long time and be weather proof but it can not with stand the constant entering and exiting the car because of the high bolster design of the race inspired seats.
Chad/Snake Hydes
4421_my_car_007.jpg

This however is all leather.

OP
OP
S

smashman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Called Glenn at Southwest Dodge in Denver and he ordered me a new backpad without even seeing the car. Glenn comes through as always. Thanks for the advice, guys.