Driving fast

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I let her rip all the the..Just hope that dosent end up makeing me or someone else r.i.p.

So i go out at 2 in the morning to roads that run along farms ect. were i can see a mile ahead and a mile behind..

Skeeter Blanton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live not far from some wonderful country roads (the farmers hate me)and I have 3-4 spots where I can run up to 155-160 mph depending on conditions......I know that it is dangerous, I know it is wrong but there is no use in having these cars (IMHO) if you can't feel the rush occasionly....:drive:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I kmow man...putting around parking lots in vipers *****..they buck and surge at the low idle first gear speed just begging for that eight second ride to see if they can throw you off

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally, the days of crazy fast speeds on public roads is pretty much over - there have been just too many times where I've gotten the car back home and thought "holy crap, I'm lucky to have not got caught or blew a tire and crashed." It's enough of these "thank god I made it" sessions that got me worried that my luck would eventually wear out.

I live out in the sticks, and I'm surrounded by very twisty canyon roads that can be fun and scary without going so fast that I'll end up in jail. I have plenty of fun trying to drive 'perfect' through the twisties - clean and legal line, smooth, under control but still fast enough to scare the hell out of most people who ride with me. Some of the hairpins on my road are scary at 20 mph in a regular car, yet the speed limit is 40 mph - so there's plenty of room to have fun and still stay within legal bounds.

It's actually even more fun at night - you can see the headlights coming from far away, so you know when you need to take it easy around the blind corners. The blind corners are what can get you - even if you're going 'slow' you can run into situations where an idiot decides to try a U-turn on a two-lane double-yellow road and you've got nowhere to go but into them or into the creek.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alas,the beast was born for the ride,and to deny would be a travesty of the spirit! Dambit!

hey if you live anywhere near OH or IN let me know and I would love to put you in the passenger seat at the track. there is nothing more exciting than going 90+mph through a corner in a Viper:D

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh i bet! Just this evening my nephew came over and since he has always been a Dodge fanatic,we went for a short spin in the GTS. The road was straight and long and no other car in sight so i let er rip and man o man did that little lion come to life! He said he would give his eye tooth for one. I am making him a loan.haha...anyway,i bet that would be fun!

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I let her rip all the the..Just hope that dosent end up makeing me or someone else r.i.p.

So i go out at 2 in the morning to roads that run along farms ect. were i can see a mile ahead and a mile behind..

Just watch broken fences and loose cattle! lol

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dog, the deer, the blue-haired Sr.Citizen that confuses brake and gas pedals CAN leave you in the ditch. "Straightaway blowouts" of carbon are OK so long as a mechanical or road surface issue does not surprise you. Good, Grippy tires, properly aligned, are essential on a Supercar...

have fun and be safe

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-s...-blown-tire-freeway-put-crack-real-panel.html

Yeah,i actually drive pretty tamely usually. I have gotten down on the Vipers a few times but never at breakneck speeds. Just love the feel of the power . I will respect what they are capable of without ever doing their limit. Thanks. :drive: