Driving Gloves?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you guys/gals recommend for cold weather driving (other than leaving the top and heater on) in the way of gloves. I'm a bit tired of the father's day/holiday gift leather ones. Anyone drive with "mechanics gloves"? Suggestions?

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use golf gloves.
Bought a black left and a right!
Not that warm, but warm enough for the driving I do.
TJ

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I drove with the mechanics and got heckeled by my friends.

I have been thinking about using the gloves the NFL recievers use. Tacky so you dont loose grip and don't leave goop everywhere.

Just have not found a pair yet.

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CitySnake,
I use these driving gloves with VIPER embroidered on them. Any color embroider.
You can get them from: Patricia, at: [email protected]
Email her.

DrivingGloves.jpg

Later,

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Monnieh hit it right on the button. We invite VCA members to go with us to a Racing School every winter, and the best driving glove we have found for the price, is a set of Football reciever gloves. They quite frequently go on sale in Dec. thru February, as the High School/College season is over,and they are perfect for the Snake. Tacky only in feel, and more than warm enough.

Monnieh gave you great advice!!!!!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Another slant: Batters Gloves!

Thin, light, team colors available to match all car colors. Palm is fitted and wont bunch. As with golf gloves, you have to buy L+R. Not as sticky as receivers gloves. Fit nicely in cargo pocket on front seat bolster.....

VEETENN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mechanics gloves are ok I used them a long time until I finally found a good pair of leather driving gloves made by OMP Racing. The model # is IBS/731 Sport, they fit well without the bulky finger tips I normally see on leather gloves.
Check it out: www.ompracing.it/homeen.htm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CitySnake:
What do you guys/gals recommend for cold weather driving (other than leaving the top and heater on) in the way of gloves. I'm a bit tired of the father's day/holiday gift leather ones. Anyone drive with "mechanics gloves"? Suggestions?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill, I just can't bring myself to drive with "FRANKLIN" pasted to my wrists...it's just too "Deon" for me.
laugh.gif

I think I'm going to look at the mechanics gloves and e-mail Don's seamstress, Patricia!

Thanks for the suggestions! Getting too dependant on this site. Soon I'll be asking opinions before I buy personal products
rolleyes.gif
laugh.gif

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nadine UK GTS:
I like to feel and do it in the '****', any weather, bare palms to his MGW knob, and OE leather steering wheel.... rain, shine or snow!
embarass.gif
supergrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Funny you mention that Nadine....I totally agree (although the image of ME "****" might upset many on the road
laugh.gif
). BUT, you have that funny ceiling over your head obscuring the sky when you drive
supergrin.gif
:. Try driving "****" with no top when it's 40 degrees.....ccccccccccccccccold.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc