driving impressions....

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
one more dumb question....
are the final editions just white stripes and a plaque?
thanks

yes.

One thing to remember about that 2000 RT/10...if the tires are old, the car will handle poorly. It will feel very darty, no grip on the back, just all around bad experience.

Offer them $35k and put on new tires as soon as you get it.

The open air feel of the RT/10 is great. You'll love it.

OP
OP
E

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yes.

One thing to remember about that 2000 RT/10...if the tires are old, the car will handle poorly. It will feel very darty, no grip on the back, just all around bad experience.

Offer them $35k and put on new tires as soon as you get it.

The open air feel of the RT/10 is great. You'll love it.

the car didnt feel darty and the tires appeared to be in good condition and free of any dry rot.
i have to move my car first b4 buying something else and i prefer the gts anyway.
they sold it the same day i looked at it anyway.
frankly im not surprised.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3.55 gears would be my first "mod". Made a huge difference in the overall "woop your head back" experience!

hey guys,
i drove a 2000 roadster and thoroughly loved it. granted, its not nearly as fast as what im used to, but taking the brute power out of the equation, i think it might be a funner car to drive on the street.
the car was at my local porsche dealer and it had 5100 miles and was perfect, all stock. they were asking 40k.
seemed like a great deal to me but i really prefer the gts to the roadster.
a couple of things....
i knew the power would be down and i know that can be worked with, no biggie. i would have preferred a little tighter steering. the suspension being what it is, the car doesnt like anything except a perfectly smooth road. i felt like i had to stand on the brakes. :)
last thing is the brake and gas pedal are too far apart as i like to use the side of my foot to heel and toe shift. i guess id have to really use my heel and toe.
that said the overall driving experience was awesome.
looking around at some of the prices, i think prices are a bit high from dealers, but after i move my car ill look a little more serious.
questions...
how much hp does full headers/exhaust/intake add and do you guys recommend gears? how do the front end bushing kits help the car?
thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302