Driving Lights Shattered

Viperarri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the end of last year, within 2 weeks of each ofther, both of my driving lights were shattered, eventhough I had rock protecting plastic over them, both rocks found a tiny area of the light to hit and they were done. Having now priced replacement lights out I was wondering if anyone out there has found lights on other cars that would be cheaper, there just round lights for sake :curse:

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are you talking about foglights, headlights, or those orange things on the side? I think you mean the orange ones.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you mean the fog lights, right? If you do find replacements, I respectfully suggest that you invest in the factory covers and alter the bumper cover to mount them. I think '99 (year?)on did not have them.
Sounds like a hassle, I'm sure, but the covers are far less expensive than the lights and I can only imagine how many times they've saved mine.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I got mine from Dave's Big Brakes, in San Diego. I think they were about $260 each.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Or, you could put in some *useful* lights. I removed the fogs on my '95 and mounted some appropriate-size true "driving" lights in their place, for less than $50.

Brief lighting term primer: "Fog" lights, regardless of color (usually white or orange/amber) are characterized by a wide flat beam that is meant to shine *under* fog, hence their low mounting location (to be useful). Driving lights are pinpoint beams meant to shine a long distance. Of course, the only problem with mounting driving lights so low is that it reduces their range and makes even small bumps in the road appear to be exagerated mountains. :cool:

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can actually put GEN 3 foglights in place. They are much cheaper than GEN 2 and they look great. I have seen some pics posted on here from guys who have made the change. If my GEN2 lights need to be replaced, i would buy GEN3 right away.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had no idea you could put GenIII's in as replacement for GenII's. That's awesome!

I have a set of used GenII's that i'm not using if you want to purchase... but the GenIII's might be the way to go!

BTW - how cheap much cheaper are the GenIII's?

JD

BoeingMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or, you could put in some *useful* lights. I removed the fogs on my '95 and mounted some appropriate-size true "driving" lights in their place, for less than $50.

Brilliant idea. Pun intended. ;)

BoeingMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can actually put GEN 3 foglights in place. They are much cheaper than GEN 2 and they look great. I have seen some pics posted on here from guys who have made the change. If my GEN2 lights need to be replaced, i would buy GEN3 right away.

and yet another smashing idea. :2tu:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajya