Driving Viper just quit 2 ( fuel lock) long

Viper Fever

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Recap

Last Sunday I put my Viper together . I was doing some work over the winter
on the Viper. I had a Valve keeper pop out and dropped a valve last November.I removed the Roe blower and the passenger head. bent Valve. I had a new guide and both Intake and exhaust valves replaced and new gaskets. Also while it was down I sent the VEC 2 in
to Sean Roe to be upgraded since the blower was one of the first ones. My Viper has performed flawlesly up to this point. Well last Sunday I fired it up and it roared to life,
I let it warm up check for leaks . The engine sounded great time for a test drive .

I drove across town about 15 miles stopped at a friends house turned around started my way back everything sounded and ran fine . About a mile from my house
I was doing around 3500 rpms still just driving making sure no noises the engine just died.
I quickly pulled into a vacant driveway and tried to start the Viper nothing. I tried to turn it over maybe 5 times then the starter started to make a noise like the battery was not enough to turn it over. I went home brought back a new battery but that was not it. At first I thought it was my alarm NO.

PROBLEM---- I noticed there seemed to be a lot of fuel . When I got it home
There was really a lot of fuel like scary amounts thank God it did not start.
Bottelfed Tim came over we pulled the plugs and about 3 to 4 cylinders had standing
fuel in them . The oil had fuel in it too maybe over a quart. We got the fuel out of the cylinders I changed the oil we disconnected the Ignition and fuel pump. I call the Wizard
Chuck Tator he reffered me to Sean roe because he thought it was a VEC problem.
I talked to Sean he said check your vacuum line from the manifold to the VEC . I did and it checks out good. Also he said check to see if the cards he had done were for gen 2 and they were.
Question ----Can anybody else think of what else to check. I don't want my Viper to blow up :crazy2: Thanks

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a couple of the injectors went static. My bet, electrical. I would change out the Vec box and reload the program. See what happens,

OP
OP
V

Viper Fever

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well we think we found the problem . Bottelfed came over and he noticed the the first green light
on the VEC was not on when the ignition was left on. We moved the power wire under the dash and the green light would come on and off. Wire looked good but apparently was not so we replaced the power wire and now we have power all the time. We tried to start the Viper would not start , now I have no spark . Any ideas
we are thinking of changing the cam and crank sensor .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang