Drove the Viper from Florida to Maryland

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I made the trip with my SRT from Orlando to Maryland. Took a lot of video and condensed it into short version. These are long but it was a fun ride. My first trip up the east coast and got to do it in an SRT. Adventure.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIRLqqvzrjM[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw0kXmxi06A[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP3B0RNJMmg[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb5C4g24XcM[/media]

adg44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow... I don't know if I'd take the Viper from Orlando to Maryland without cruise control!

I've done DC to Orlando/Sebring and back three times now in the past year and a half, and it's not a very fun trip. First time I did it was in my now sold RS 4:

You must be registered for see images

Then in our Long-Term Audi S4: (who doesn't love south of the border?!)

I'm sure you stopped at a lot of gas stations, too. ;)

And finally in a Audi Q7 3.0 TDI, which got the best gas mileage of any of the other cars I had driven!

The video was a good idea, I may have to give that a try next time. Thanks for sharing!

- Anthony

P.S. - How many tickets? :D

Reaction score
Great video! I've made that drive for years! I used to live by the Bay Bridge (Arnold) and still go up all the time. I've taken my Hummer, 3 Series BMW, Celica and two different motorcycles (custom chopper...my ass will never do that again, and a CBR1000). It's a back breaking ride no matter what you use. I've thought about taking the Viper up but haven't yet, your video let's me know what I'd go through. Hope you got to see the Raven's take down Cincy!!

JeremyS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
cool! i have done the same trip (in my first viper '94 rt-10) a couple times. palm beach gardens to hunt valley. call me if you feel like taking a spin! jeremy (443) 829-9320

Last edited:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice videos.... Do yourself a HUGE favor... Get rid of that FM modulator for the Ipod... Get a Mopar Ipod kit. I just put one in my 2006..

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will take off with my Viper for my 3rd Iowa to NH trip a week from Wednesday. I did add cruise control to avoid tickets. I will likely rack up 4000+ miles during the 2+ week vacation.

I will be doing the 36,000 mile oil/filter change and its second differential oil change when I get there. Against the trends I've read here, I change oil per the service schedule, every 6000 miles and never make a ride of less than 10 miles. I know it doesn't hurt it to change it more often, but with synthetic oil it seems pointless.

By the way the torque spec for the oil FILTER is 13.5 ft-lbs......

I bought the car new 39 months ago, and considering I don't drive it during the snow and salt season, think I'm exercising it well.

I hope to run out the miles ahead of the time on its 7/70 coverage!!

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool! i have done the same trip (in my first viper '94 rt-10) a couple times. palm beach gardens to hunt valley. call me if you feel like taking a spin! jeremy (443) 829-9320

Jeremy - You still on the planet? I thought you got beamed up or something. I haven't seen, until now, a post from you in like ages. Thought you sold the car or something..........

OzeViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive done Carney, NJ to Orlando a couple times. But in a Freightliner it takes longer lol. When I buy my viper I almsot hope it's 1000 miles away, I look forward to that drive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang