Dunlop tire,s

viperv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used dunlop tires on there viper if so how were the results of wear etc.

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought my '97 3 years ago, it came with 17" Dunlop SP8000s(I think, could've been 9000). I am now running 17" PS2s, which make the Viper much more "throttle friendly". For general weekend use, minimal wet weather driving, and no hard cornering, I'd say the Dunlops would be fine. I'd still pay more for the PS2s, though.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They are GREAT AT THE TRACK: For TIRE WALLS. Softer than concrete, but not much.

Dunlops 8000s are 30+ year old technology. I have driven one set, 80% tread, that came in on some used wheels. My intent was to burn em up at the track. They were so slippery / crappy that I took em off after one scary day.

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They were so slippery / crappy

Yeah, I forgot to add you should not go anywhere near WOT with the SP8000, or at least I couldn't. I felt like I had a 1000hp beast, because there was little to no traction on hand. Now I have to deal with the instant get up and go with the PS2s. :D

Look at tirerack and other shops, and then call JonB and place your order. I asked what he'd charge, including shipping, and he beat all other shops I checked out, without me even telling him prices I had scoped out. :2tu: