Dunno if its just mine or what but a couple questions about the car

2kgtsacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've noticed that when driving my car it feels like I have to constantly keep giving it gas, like I can't take my foot off the gas pedal cause if I do the car starts to get boggy and almost shudders like you put it into a lower gear. Not like a 25mph shift from 2nd to 1st but its kinda like that. Its the same way on the highway too when I'm driving at about 65 and I put it in 5th or 6th if I take my foot off it hesitates and slows down if I push the clutch in its fine but as soon as I engage the clutch I have to give it a tiny bit of gas and then its fine.

The only things I can think is its normal as I've never had a viper before The other half of me thinks the throttle cable needs adjusting, the fuel curve is too rich or lean, or maybe the stock cats are preventing it from breathing well cause they are old or something(which will be fixed this week with random tech high flows), or its just the way this monster is.

The only other thing I can think of is the previous owner put 3.55 gears in it, the car has 19's in the front and 20's in the back.

Now I've never had any problems while accelerating, the other day I did a nice pull on the highway from a slow roll entering the ramp to 65mpg in 1st through 2nd and it gripped fine and didn't give me problems.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah... vipers don't like it when you're not standing on the go pedal. :D
Actually, the gears might have something to do with it, but I'm sure smarter guys here will chime in soon enough.

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say it's gears. Check underneath your dash or behind the PCM cover plate and see if there's a box wired in that has a number (X.XX) taped or stamped onto it. That would (likely) tell you if you have gears or not.

My car drops speed quickly once I let off the gas at almost any speed but most noticeably from about 2200 RPM down to about 900 RPM.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21