Dynamat Week-end project

RayC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Week-end project thought I might share some pics. Has made a big difference in drive train noise. Not as much as I had hoped for in road noise. I now hear some little squeeks/rattles I have to find that I could not hear before. I hope to see a reduction in heat but have not been on long enough drive yet to determine a change.

Attachments

• dynamat SSG.jpg
    dynamat SSG.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 292
  • dynomat SSG 2.jpg
    dynomat SSG 2.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 295
  • Dynamat SSG 3.jpg
    Dynamat SSG 3.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 282

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like you did a good job :2tu: I wonder if putting that between the door and door panel would reduce the road noise (if room)?

OP
OP
R

RayC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it will. That is my next step anyways. I also put some of the closed cell foam deadener they make on backside of some interior panels and that seemed to make a difference with creeking noises they made, just need to do a little more. Overall it's definately much improved.

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow looks good what was the cost if you don't mine me asking. thanks, very interesting.

OP
OP
R

RayC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow looks good what was the cost if you don't mine me asking. thanks, very interesting.
Dynamat Extreme, Dynaliner(closed cell foam), and roller about 375.00.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Looks good. I did the same with my Vert and needed about 50 square feet (without a lot of waste) - and did not have enough leftover to do the doors - so I may do that in the future. Can't comment on if it helped as my project Viper won't be done for about another 6 weeks.

It's a fun project for about the first beer, then it gets a bit tedious.

Guy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, nice job!

How much more weight does this add to the car, that has usually always been my biggest concern..

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
For the brand I used it was 21 lbs for the 50 square feet that I needed for my Vert.

I did the entire interior (sans the doors at this point) - but I've heard that a significant improvement can be had by just doing the back of the cockpit behind the seats where there is very little insulation provided by Dodge.

Wow, nice job!

How much more weight does this add to the car, that has usually always been my biggest concern..

Last edited:

Guy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
21lbs to significantly reduce noise and heat; totally worth it!

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For behind the seats I used "DynaLiner", which is 1/4" thick dense black foam with a self-adhesive sticky-back. It is not as effective at damping structure-borne sound as Dynamat; DynaLiner is more of an acoustic isolator rather than a panel deadener. It is also much, much lighter than Dynamat, at something like one-fifth the weight per square foot. The Dynaliner does provide heat insulation, but I wouldn't expect miracles from a 1/4" layer. They claim it has "the highest heat blocking properties available in a single layer synthetic foam-type material". Even for a track car, the DynaLiner wouldn't be a weight issue.

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had alot of success with using dynamat extreme on the doors with a 1/4" foam with self adhesive by Hushmat on top of that. Doors sound much more solid shutting and really helped stereo, road noise and exhaust noise. The hushmat product is not cheap, but appears considerably better at sound deadining that some other 1/4" foam products I have used. Very light also.

I think it will. That is my next step anyways. I also put some of the closed cell foam deadener they make on backside of some interior panels and that seemed to make a difference with creeking noises they made, just need to do a little more. Overall it's definately much improved.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang