Dyno 2morrow Expectations?

Venum S 1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2000 GTS, has the K&N smooth tube and filter kit, 3" Corsa exhaust stock cats. No other engine mods just rims and short throw that kind of stuff. Trying to get some base numbers before I go random tech's and long tubes. What should I expect? Dyno is Dynojet.

Last edited:

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is my 2001 with basically the same mods.

10676EllowViper001.jpg

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats about what 2000+ make.

I am willing to bet your first 2 pulls were made when the car was well below operating temp, and the last 2 at normal temp.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be out of the norm, but I've had two 2000 ACRs and they both dyno'd within one horsepower of each other on two seperate dynos. Exactly one year apart one made 424hp and 460 tq, the other made 423hp and 460 tq. Both cars were dead stock except for Corsa exhaust. By the way, both cars were born on the same day one hour apart. January 21, 2000.

On a side note, Max pwr was achieved when the car was hot, not cold. This was true for both cars.

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
'97 GTS-- K&N's, smooth tubes, rear muffler delete.

422RWHP and 464 RWTQ on Dynojet dyno
387RWHP and 434 RWTQ on Mustang AWD dyno

Rob

OP
OP
V

Venum S 1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Car went 408 435 on 1st pull- 413 440 on second. I only did two pulls. Air fuel was under 11. Nothing has been changed on car except the exhaust and air box. What would cause the air fuel to be like that? Car was right where I thought it would be so when winter gets here and the car is parked I will put the long tubes and high flow's on. Is there any other easy mods to gain horsepower? Plug wires PCM flash maybe?

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car went 408 435 on 1st pull- 413 440 on second. I only did two pulls. Air fuel was under 11. Nothing has been changed on car except the exhaust and air box. What would cause the air fuel to be like that? Car was right where I thought it would be so when winter gets here and the car is parked I will put the long tubes and high flow's on. Is there any other easy mods to gain horsepower? Plug wires PCM flash maybe?

A/F of >11:1 is pretty low, car is running rich. I put a full Belanger exhaust system with Randomtech high flow cats on my '00 and pulled 435 rwhp and 473 rwtq SAE corrected with a 12.5:1 A/F ratio.

PKH2552

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In 3rd gear, my 94 RT pulled 442.8 about 3 weeks ago.
Mods are : head gaskets changed, Gen II headers, flexi pipe, random-tech hi-flo's and a corsa cat-back, smooth tubes & K&N filters. This was done on the same dyno as the one used by the OP.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why would you do a dyno pull in 3rd gear? Completely useless.

Venum, you're way too rich. you should be at 13.0 or so. you might want to disconnect the computer for about 30 minutes9reset). Then go for a spirited drive. The computer will re-learn and hopefully set a proper A/F. If not, you can always get headers:)D), which will lean it out some or a Vec2 to custom tune it. You have more power left in the car.

Last edited:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A dyno run needs to be done in 4th gear where the drive is 1 to 1, not geared like in 3rd. It throws out some erroneous(sp) numbers.

PKH2552

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Aha, many thanks. Baz is organising another dyno day for the UK members, so I'll ge it done in 4th next time & post some new numbers when completed.
Is there any way of getting a rough guestimate of what these numbers are likely to be, based on the 3rd gear readings?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A/F of >11:1 is pretty low, car is running rich. I put a full Belanger exhaust system with Randomtech high flow cats on my '00 and pulled 435 rwhp and 473 rwtq SAE corrected with a 12.5:1 A/F ratio.

Do you have the two or four muffler version of the Belanger catback? I was wondering if having the two Dynomax 4" bullet mufflers where the stock resonators used to be makes a difference in torque/hp on the Belanger system.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Numbers seem right on the mark, sounds like your car is running fine.

Your a/f is kinda irrelevant since it is the factory ECU you are talking about and a tail sniffer(which are about as accurate as my nose). The factory programing runs the cars with very weird and all over the place a/f ratios, not sure why they do it but they do.

Good luck on your future mods, but be aware there are no Long tubes headers for vipers. At least nothing like in the vette world, viper owners have to live with crap that will give you 10rwhp on a 500hp car.:dunno:

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As long as the dyno is calibrated in the same gear the car is tested in it should be fine.

I ran my car in 3rd gear and 4th gear (calibrating accordingly in between runs) and the numbers were very similar, could have been the difference in heat soak even.

Rob

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have the two or four muffler version of the Belanger catback? I was wondering if having the two Dynomax 4" bullet mufflers where the stock resonators used to be makes a difference in torque/hp on the Belanger system.

I had the 2 muffler version, I also had 3" in/out cats.

All pulls must be done in 4th, everything else is useless.

As 99 R/T 10 and I said you're running rich, is black smoke coming out of the tailpipes? Disconnect your battery, when reconnected your PCM will "re-learn" according to your driving. Spirited is best road race track is better.

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All pulls must be done in 4th, everything else is useless.

Sorry but that is not true. We have a Mustang AWD dyno at work and I did back to back runs about 4 minutes apart with very similar numbers. I'm talking 387 in 4th VS 389 in 3rd. That difference could be attributable to a number of variables including ambient temp, coolant temp, humidity, and yes even gear ratio if you choose. Point is it's not enough of a difference to be labeled inaccurate and certainly not useless.

Rob

TheMeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Rob,

Could you PM me a price for a couple of pulls on your dyno? I want to compare my car against the other Ray's-blk/silv 96 RT/10.

Thanks

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, not to stir the *** but I have very little faith in Mustang dynos, I've heard to many stories. I'll only use Dynojet 248C. I'm sorry but to get a true and accurate rating your car must be in the 1:1 gear, which in a Viper is 4th, and then it must be SAE corrected for weather, altitude, etc.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but that is not true. We have a Mustang AWD dyno at work and I did back to back runs about 4 minutes apart with very similar numbers. I'm talking 387 in 4th VS 389 in 3rd. That difference could be attributable to a number of variables including ambient temp, coolant temp, humidity, and yes even gear ratio if you choose. Point is it's not enough of a difference to be labeled inaccurate and certainly not useless.

Rob

Are you just stupid or what? If you have over a HS education, how high did you go? !3th grade or did you revert back to first?

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Take the car to SVS, I'm sure they could get you to about 300 RWHP for under $10K:lmao: