Dyno Day

alpha85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took my 08 to a local dyno event here in OKC this past week. I am waiting on the charts to be e-mailed, but here some pics of the dyno run that was on a flat screen out side the garage. Needless to say I was surprised and very happy with the results. My mods are Belanger headers and exhaust, Mopar PCM I am running 91 octane mixed with Torco fuel additive. The mixing chart is 1.6oz per gallon to get to 95 octane. It made 630rwhp and 613rwtq

Attachments

• dyno pics.jpg
    dyno pics.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 24
  • dyno pics 2.jpg
    dyno pics 2.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 17
  • dyno pic 3.jpg
    dyno pic 3.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 29
  • dyno pic 4.jpg
    dyno pic 4.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 27
  • dyno pic 5.jpg
    dyno pic 5.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 18

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may want to ask your tuner for further interpetation of those numbers.

Gen4 with headers, exhaust and Mopar controller dont make numbers that high.

OP
OP
A

alpha85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I did the mods about a year ago I dynoed it before the install. It made 640 fly wheel. After the install it did 595rwhp and 565rwtq on 91 octane. This was a different dyno and with 95 octane.

OP
OP
A

alpha85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first dyno was Dyno Max. This one was Dyno Com

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took my 08 to a local dyno event here in OKC this past week. I am waiting on the charts to be e-mailed, but here some pics of the dyno run that was on a flat screen out side the garage. Needless to say I was surprised and very happy with the results. My mods are Belanger headers and exhaust, Mopar PCM I am running 91 octane mixed with Torco fuel additive. The mixing chart is 1.6oz per gallon to get to 95 octane. It made 630rwhp and 613rwtq

Is that corrected? If so your making 40+rwhp/rwtq more than other Gen IV's with your mods. Most Make around 580-590rwhp with simular mods. The only gen IV's breaking 600RWHP corrected have your mods plus ported intake and heads.

I made 605/585 uncorrected with belangers headers and exhuast, K&N filter, and ported intake so 630/613 with my mods plus PCM and Torco additive sounds acheivable with uncorrected numbers.

Do you have cats? What did you make without the Torco?

OP
OP
A

alpha85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
595rwhp and 565rwtq, but that was on 91 octane. See the previous post. It seems this car was making above the factory stated HP from the start.

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems this car was making above the factory stated HP from the start.

Its not appropriate to assume this until you know more about your tuners dyno. Is the dyno generally "high" or "low". Typically a dynos most valuable test is before and after gains from modifications...there not all calibrated to be identical....4% between dynos for 600rwhp is 25rwhp difference..thats very realistic.

We all like to hear great things about our motor & car but whats more improtant is knowing the truth and thats done by getting more data and applying a proper trending process.

Also please keep the same scale, not good to bounce from "uncorrected " & "corrected".

Its probably best to benchmark your dyno test with other vipers and stock performance cars dynoed on your tuners dyno. then compare these sets to what posts for identical cars measured on other dynos.

I think more than on VCA guy was trending dyno hp, mods, and dyno machine type.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
some dynos say stock gen4's are 515 rwhp sae and some dynoes say 570 rwhp SAE.

But in truth you could have to 100% stock gen4's on the same dyno on the same day and one might be 525 rwhp while the other would hit 555 rwhp.

So in variables with dynos and the engines themselves you just gotta take what the OP says and accept that with his car on that dyno he made 630 rwhp.

Lets say he has a freaky 555-570 rwhp example when it was stock. He does his modifications and pulls out a 590-605 rwhp dyno run. Then after advancing the timing with the added octane he hits his 630 rwhp number.

Seems perfectly possible to me.

OP
OP
A

alpha85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With what I have read about other cars with my mods making 595 to 610rwhp that was about what I was expecting. I was blown away when I saw those number. I do know there were two Mustangs there that were modded (supercharged) and they both said their numbers were accurate from other dyno's they had used. The company that had the dyno day is PSE Superchargers 405-844-2773, Ed Martinez. They are a SVT factory authorized supercharger re builder. They also do custom tuning and supercharging. The dyno was very sophisticated. I'm sure he could explain those numbers. I asked him if they were accurate and he said they were spot on. He is extremely knowledgeable on the different types of superchargers and how they all work.

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should just get more data...only way to know... everythings relative and measurements scales are easily & often shifted.

Searching & quantifying data for good benchmark helps us stabilize expectations. Have your tuner show you other cars dyno numbers on his dyno, or find dyno numbers of cars tested on the same manufactures dyno on other sites.

And please dont think im not a beleiver. its not about that. just mportant to get good data. I as many actually like to see all gen4 with real high hp motors right outta the factory...it give me more reasons to like vipers even more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

alpha85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I have results on two different dynos and both show fairly high numbers. I guess I could find another dyno and average the results of all three. Does dynoing hurt the car? Standing outside listining to the car I kinda of cringed when he stomped on it.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about finding another dyno to confirm the numbers. If the cars tuned properly and runs great just enjoy it. I would use the results as a baseline to figure out your gains after adding future mods.

OP
OP
A

alpha85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True, I thought about doing ported intake and heads but with those numbers why. Its kinda nice driving around in a car knowing your sitting on 630rwhp getting 21-22mpg. It is a lot of fun to drive though. I had a 05 with exhaust, alum fly wheel, 355 gears. I thought that was fast, but this thing fly's.