Dyno Dynamics Pulls

OP
OP
T

turbo.pwr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Chris at Nelson, took him a while to find the invoice since the "rebuild" was done in 2005. But he looked at the work that was done and he told me that they didnt assemble the motor all they did was hone the block press new pistions on and balance the crank. They supplied parts and then the previous owner assembeled the motor. Chris told me that he would never go under .024" for ring gap and that .015" is a mistake due to lack of experience...he strongly recomended a tare down of the motor and new rings instaled to prevent serious damage...:no:

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, sorry to hear about that. :( Maybe you could just find a stock 97-99 motor to swap it out with? Or, if you are wanting to keep the numbers matching, time for a stroker build! :)

OP
OP
T

turbo.pwr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im trying to view this with a good attitude but its hard....Im eather goin to sit on in and get a gen IV for the spring or go all out and build a monster....Im leaning towards the build, with what I paid for the car and some serouis mods I'll still be under half of what an '10 would cost with way more HP :bigsmile: what do you guys think of that fully built NA motor by FatAlbert :naughty:

Gen II GTS Viper Motor - ViperClub Classifieds

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slight thread heist: after I bought my 98 GTS for the low price of $40k six years ago I found out that even though it only had 27k miles, in its previous life in Florida it had a large nitrous kit on it, ran 10s on slicks, and after dropping a valve and blowing the motor was rebuilt by a shop in Florida (not Arrow). That it runs strong now with 37k miles sure makes me feel like a dodged a bullet after reading this thread (I'll ignore the transmission rebuild I had done after shearing some teeth of the input shaft - dang those slicks!).

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im trying to view this with a good attitude but its hard....Im eather goin to sit on in and get a gen IV for the spring or go all out and build a monster....Im leaning towards the build, with what I paid for the car and some serouis mods I'll still be under half of what an '10 would cost with way more HP :bigsmile: what do you guys think of that fully built NA motor by FatAlbert :naughty:

Gen II GTS Viper Motor - ViperClub Classifieds

Well, 800 HP N/A seems a bit inflated...that would equate to almost 700RWHP and I don't think there is a street driven N/A Viper anywhere close to that...especially not with only 11:1 compression. It all depends on how much money you are wanting to spend. If you have a healthy budget, then you could stroke and supercharge or turbo a motor and do the supporting mods like fuel, clutch, and etc.

If you are wanting to be a little careful about how much you spend, perhaps just buying a used motor out of a 96-99 and F.I. it. This will still give you almost 800 HP and the stock forged internals will hold up to around that amount. The good news is it would cost much less.

Good luck with whatever route you take and keep us posted! :)

OP
OP
T

turbo.pwr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks again guys! I'll look at every option with care. 99VPRGTS I like the way you think...forced induction:2tu: We'll see what's in store this upcoming hybernating season. I'll be sure to let you guys know!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960