Dyno Results

M

MiamiSpd

Just got back from the Dyno.

Results: 475hp/496tq.

How do these numbers compare with other similar set ups. I do not have much knowledge about what these cars should put out with these modifications but these #s seem to be on the low side in my opnion. What do you think?

1999 GTS

Modifications: Belanger Headers/Hi-Flow cats/Borla exhaust/Harlan Sharp Roller Rockers/Smooth Tubes. Champion Racing Heads ported for Roe S/C (lower compression).

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For lower compression and stock throttle bodies, that sounds about right.
Rocker adjustment is important and should be at 2 turns past 0 lash for the best power.

Regards,
Sean

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im running almost the same setup right now on my 99 RT except stock heads and NO headers YET, and I have a Vec 2.

I put down 502RWHP and 577RWTQ AFTER some extensive dyno tuning.

my advice get the Vec 2 its AMAZING.

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, those are the highest numbers I've heard of for a stock head, no headers car.. Are those SAE corrected?

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are corrected to Fantasy Island altitude and density.

Tatto, did most of the tuning and dyno work. His work is guranteed to add 50rwhp and 100rwtq over any other comperably moded viper.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes they are SAE corrected #'s. Russ is just a hating sh!tbag that thinks he knows everything.

Actually XSmph they are pretty good numbers but by no means the highest for the mods I have done, a few guys on here have cars running a bit stronger then mine, but shes still pretty strong.

Theres a few guys with just a hair under my power will less mods so they will pass me with my current setup.

ohh BTW in case you were wondering the guys with more power YES Russ does bust their b@lls too its all he has to do in his worthless little life.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, those are the highest numbers I've heard of for a stock head, no headers car.. Are those SAE corrected?

Actually I cant take ANY credit for my #'s I got the BEST people dealing with it.

Sean and Dave @ Roe racing for great parts and great advice.

Wizard (Chuck Tator) @ Tators dodge for building her.

Bill M @ Vos for an awesome tuning job.

BTW im adding more mods B&B Headers (jet hot coated) alm flywheel, short throw shifter, and centerforce clutch PLUS a few hours of dyno time at VOS. so I'll let you know what she puts down after all that, im just hoping the alm flywheel does not kill any of my TQ but we'll wait and see.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes they are SAE corrected #'s. Russ is just a hating sh!tbag that thinks he knows everything.

Actually XSmph they are pretty good numbers but by no means the highest for the mods I have done, a few guys on here have cars running a bit stronger then mine, but shes still pretty strong.

Theres a few guys with just a hair under my power will less mods so they will pass me with my current setup.

ohh BTW in case you were wondering the guys with more power YES Russ does bust their b@lls too its all he has to do in his worthless little life.

Stugots,

I am going to refrain from childish personal insults, until I meet you in person one day. Then you can try to insult me all you like if you have any **** that extend beyond your internet connection.

Your dyno numbers are higher than anyone elses ever claimed on this forum with your mods. Hands down the biggest load of bull anyone has ever attempted to pass off on the comunity.

My posts are not meant to bust anyones balls, I try to help fellow viper owners that may not know any better. When you post numbers like yours, people that dont know start thinking something is wrong with their cars. They start spending money trying to find out why someone on the internet is making so much more power than them.

I know you think its all good because your good with photoshop and your dyno graph looks really neat, but to most its not.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stugots,

I am going to refrain from childish personal insults, until I meet you in person one day. Then you can try to insult me all you like if you have any **** that extend beyond your internet connection.

Your dyno numbers are higher than anyone elses ever claimed on this forum with your mods. Hands down the biggest load of bull anyone has ever attempted to pass off on the comunity.

My posts are not meant to bust anyones balls, I try to help fellow viper owners that may not know any better. When you post numbers like yours, people that dont know start thinking something is wrong with their cars. They start spending money trying to find out why someone on the internet is making so much more power than them.

I know you think its all good because your good with photoshop and your dyno graph looks really neat, but to most its not.

First of all I dont know how to use photoshop what so ever.

second "I am going to refrain from childish personal insults, until I meet you in person one day. Then you can try to insult me all you like if you have any **** that extend beyond your internet connection." should I be scared? I'll say all this to you and more in person and I wish you would take a swing at me.

third. they are not higher then anyone elses quick example off the top of my head (without searching) KenrickGTS (hope I spelled his name right) he has less power BUT ALOT less mods as a matter of fact if he did the mods that I have now he'd have more power then me. thats just 1 example and you can do a search and find thats its true I have spoken to him many times.

forth. you say my numbers are the highest on here for my mods (which is NOT true) yet MANY people seem to say what you claim are the LOWEST they have ever seen and say your full of shyt so you have no room to talk, I dont think you try and bust b@lls (but posting after me in every done post does get to that point) I think because it is uncommon that you dont believe me THATS FINE its uncommon NOT unheard of. You have made your point you dont belive my #'s great good for you, now stop posting after me every single time and trying to piss me off.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our Stage III CNC Cylinder Heads, when coupled with our proprietary camshaft, will produce 550-580rwhp on a factory forged piston, normally aspirated, Viper engine. Additionally, those same cylinder heads with slightly larger chambers, when coupled with a Roe S/C, will produce 715-730rwhp @ 8-10 LBS. These numbers are achieved @ 9:1 compression, which is what I believe your current compression ratio is utilizing Sean's cylinder heads. A .5 point reduction in compression ratio will result in the numbers you are producing since I believe the cylinder heads on your Viper are designed to be used in conjunction with a Roe S/C, not normally aspirated, which is the current state of your Viper from what I gather.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our Stage III CNC Cylinder Heads, when coupled with our proprietary camshaft, will produce 550-580rwhp on a factory forged piston, normally aspirated, Viper engine. Additionally, those same cylinder heads with slightly larger chambers, when coupled with a Roe S/C, will produce 715-730rwhp @ 8-10 LBS. These numbers are achieved @ 9:1 compression, which is what I believe your current compression ratio is utilizing Sean's cylinder heads. A .5 point reduction in compression ratio will result in the numbers you are producing since I believe the cylinder heads on your Viper are designed to be used in conjunction with a Roe S/C, not normally aspirated, which is the current state of your Viper from what I gather.

Jesus Larry I knew you were good but 550 - 580 RWHP with heads and cam??

J/W what do heads and cam packages run?

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think Stugots is blatantly trying to lie, i just dont think he realizes he is using an OVERLY (very much so) optimistic dyno. I mean its very possible for one car with less mods to produce about 100 more foot pds of torque than another, especialy when the other more modded vehicle falls right in line with everyone else. LOL

Maybe Stugots would agree to bring his car to a dyno that has been used by other members of this board?

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree Allan, but the true test is at the track. Stu's car should trap 125-127 with the power he claims, if not, than I would dyno somewhere else.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stugots, why would you want to spend $6000+ on a heads/cam package to gain only 45rwhp?

well those #'s are on a stock car so someone with other mods would gain more.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree Allan, but the true test is at the track. Stu's car should trap 125-127 with the power he claims, if not, than I would dyno somewhere else.

I think the car can however I DONT think the driver (me) can.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think Stugots is blatantly trying to lie, i just dont think he realizes he is using an OVERLY (very much so) optimistic dyno. I mean its very possible for one car with less mods to produce about 100 more foot pds of torque than another, especialy when the other more modded vehicle falls right in line with everyone else. LOL

Maybe Stugots would agree to bring his car to a dyno that has been used by other members of this board?

Actually Allan I have used the syno where the NY/CT dyno day is held (VOS) however it is a mustang dyno and they do show lower #'s then a dynojet (and that fact has not been argued by anyone not even the owner of VOS) but even on the mustang dyno my car did make OVER 500tq at the wheels, everyone who has driven my car from the wizard to Bill @ VOS has told me she runs VERY VERY STRONG.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stugots,

Take my coments as you like, just from past experience people who have a smack problem online end up being the ones who always run and hide when confronted in person.

I have a question for you..

Did you buy your car new? Do you know for a fact the car does not have head work/cam?

You claim there are many people who make more power than you, but in fact there are none with your mods. I have seen blower cars from very well respected tuners on this forum make the same power as your car, with less torque.

Think about it.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stugots,

Take my coments as you like, just from past experience people who have a smack problem online end up being the ones who always run and hide when confronted in person.

I have a question for you..

Did you buy your car new? Do you know for a fact the car does not have head work/cam?

You claim there are many people who make more power than you, but in fact there are none with your mods. I have seen blower cars from very well respected tuners on this forum make the same power as your car, with less torque.

Think about it.

no I did not buy it new and I highly doubt it had head and cam work and still have stock filters/tubes.

there are alot of people making more power then me with LESS mods.

you claim my #'s are high and many people say the #'s you see/claim are low so wheres the happy medium??

BTW im not the type to run behind anything/anyone. trust me on that one.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ.

I used a few peoples names/mods/dyno #'s if anyone I mention objects
to me using their info here please let me know and I will edit it.

Dan (early93viper) 412.48 RWHP, 472.09 RWT
no cats, High Flow muffler,K&N air
filters, smooth tubes AND THATS A GEN 1

Phil Lee 1994 RT with Roe high flow cat
and mufflers made 414.4 rwhp 484.8 rwtq GEN 1

Bill B 1995 RT edelbrock headers,tubes and filters
made 431 rwhp and 491 rwtq GEN 1 ALSO

Batboys 99 GTS with only Random Tek Exhaust, B&B
headers, high flow cats, K&N filters made 439 rwhp
and 490 rwtq

Rcdice's 2001 RT made BONE STOCK it pulled 425 rwhp and 455 rwtq
with NOTHING AT ALL DONE NO FILTERS ECT. also a creampuff

Waynes 2001 GTS BONE STOCK no filters no tubes
BONE STOCK made 429 rwhp and 461 rwtq AND ITS A
CREAMPUFF

Camfab's 2000 ACR put out 424 HP and 461 FT/LBS
with just a corsa cat back NOTHING ELSE, also CREAMPUFF

Len (SRTLEN) bone stock 04 put down 420 RWHP
and 510 RWTQ

EA6Bpilot;s 98 GTS made 464rwtq (could not his hp sorry)
with just borla cat back, HF cats and filters/tubes

Kenrick's 96 GTS made 452 rwhp and 512 rwtq with just headers/catback
tubes and filters

Paul Adams 1997 GTS with just smooth tubes/filers, headers.catback
and 1.7 rockers made 482 RWHP and 515 RWTQ (this was at a dyno day)

Iridium's BONE STOCK 99 ACR 424 rwhp and 470 rwtq

Egokilr's BONE STOCK 98 GTS made 453 Rwtq

VIPERSMADS (now supercharged vipermad) 97 GTS with tubes/filters and
straight pipe made 432 rwhp and 470 rwtq

Bob D's 98 GTS made 452 RWtq BONE STOCK

Viperkraz's 97 GTS made 456 rwtq BONE STOCK

or Russ are they ALL lying too or wait did they use a fantasy dyno too????????

now I know thats alot of dyno #'s and mods to look through so lets
make it easy on both of us and lets take 3 and diagnose them shall we?

take Rcdice's 2001 RT made BONE STOCK it pulled 425 rwhp and 455 rwtq
with NOTHING AT ALL DONE NO FILTERS NOTHING ECT AND IT IS BTW A CREAMPUFF

now from what your saying (lets say mine had the same #'s stock) 70mm TB's
modified air box, 3 "smooth tubes, S&B filters, jesel 1.7 rockers /w pushrods,
B&B catback,HF cars AND a vec 2 with many hours of dyno time tuning it by a GREAT
tuner, could not make up less then 80 RWHP and 122 RWTQ?? when Sean Roe's web site
even says they have seen gains of 60 hp and 115 TQ from his vec 2 ALONE.

ok now take Kenrick's 96 GTS made 452 rwhp and 512 rwtq with just headers/catback
tubes and filters, now in this case your saying that jesel 1.7 rocker /w pushrods
70mm TB's modified air box, tubes/filters, and the Vec 2 with hours of dyno time
could not make up 52 RWHP and 65 RWTQ??? again Seans site says they have seen 80RWHP
and 115 RWTQ. IN THIS CASE KENRICKS CAR IS ALOT STRONGER THEN MINE IF HE DID MY MODS
HE'S HAVE WELL OVER WHAT I HAVE.

now # 3 Paul Adams 1997 GTS with just smooth tubes/filers, headers.catback
and 1.7 rockers made 482 RWHP and 515 RWTQ (this was at a dyno day) now in THIS
case you'd be saying that the Vec 2 and hours of dyno time cant make up 22 RWHP and
62 RWTQ??? AGAIN look at what Seans site says they have seen.

This was all just from a few mins searching on this site I can search
deeper and on the VA but whats the point, I have made my point.

The bottom line here is this every cars diffrent and ever car pulls diffrent #'s and
reacts diffrently to mods, my #'s are uncommon not impossible.

P.S. Russ for the hell of it, remember when you
tried to tell me I don't know what I was talking about
when I said people have gained hp from switching from
belangers to B&B headers?? well first off let me tell
you that it was an AMAZING 38 RWHP and 70 RWTQ
that was gained from the switch and it WAS on a Roe
blower car that David Weaver tuned, so please get ahold
of him and call him a liar like you did me "if you have
the ****" (to quote you)

HOLD TYTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Miamispd, my numbers are below. Pretty similar setup but my heads and rockers are stock. The quarter mile time listed in my sig was before I added the vec2 and was running 455hp/508 torque.

HOLD TYTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, the numbers fell out of my signature.. After adding the vec2 my numbers raised to 485 hp and 543 torque. Posted the dyno a few weeks ago, I too was on a mustang dyno.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Miamispd, my numbers are below. Pretty similar setup but my heads and rockers are stock. The quarter mile time listed in my sig was before I added the vec2 and was running 455hp/508 torque.

so you were running 455 RWHP and 508 RWTQ with headers, cat back ,hf cars ,tubes and filters??

HOLD TYTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and actually, my best run was 11.79 at 119 so i have to correct my sig again.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am so glad you posted at this EXACT moment, Thank you very very much.

You see the discussion going on in this thread im sure.

so just to make it 100% clear as of right now you have headers,no cats,borla mufflers and a vec 2 ONLY and your making 485 RWHP and 543 RWTQ?

HOLD TYTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, search for my recent post a couple of weeks ago, there is an overlay of my dyno before the vec2 and then after. The only thing I left out is my k&n.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, search for my recent post a couple of weeks ago, there is an overlay of my dyno before the vec2 and then after. The only thing I left out is my k&n.

if you just add rockers you would have the same HP/TQ as me (maybe a little more) THEN Russ can call you a liar too lol.

Would you mind if I posted your dyno sheet in here??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper