dyno'd with Belangers and hi-flo cat and 3"corsa '02GTS

fe155

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dyno\'d with Belangers and hi-flo cat and 3\"corsa \'02GTS

Although i was not happy with the overall peak numbers due to traction problems and a couple of misfires over 3000 rpm the addition of the belangers , hi-flos and 3" corsa resulted in a rwhp gain of 28 and rwtq of 37 mostly below 3200 rpm . This was with the vec2.1 and a #6 card compared to using a #2 card prior so the figures may have been higher. this install alone leaned out the A/F by 1.5 throughout the rpm range to 11.9 at 2700 11.6 at 3800 11.5 at 4900 and 12.2 at 56, 57,58 and 12.4 at 5900. And one important thing also in the previous dyno i had mufflers in place of the cats and a rear muffler delete with an X pipe , looks like the Roe supercharger or any for that matter benefits greatly from this mod.

OP
OP
F

fe155

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: dyno\'d with Belangers and hi-flo cat and 3\"corsa \'02GTS

max torque was 545 at 2800 rpm and was jagged after that . Rwhp about 535 ,but it to was not a good curve. just not a good run as i said traction was bad and a periodic misfire but putting the graphs on top of each other showed good gains untill things went crappy.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

are these dynojet numbers?

OP
OP
F

fe155

Enthusiast
Reaction score

not sure but ill find out , what are the differences in the machines?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

max torque was 545 at 2800 rpm and was jagged after that . Rwhp about 535 ,but it to was not a good curve. just not a good run as i said traction was bad and a periodic misfire but putting the graphs on top of each other showed good gains untill things went crappy.

I assume this is with the Roe S/C and the 5 lbs pulley? With some tuning, you should be in the 550-570, my guess. Good luck and udate when you get everything worked out! :2tu:

davem

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Have them do an inertial only run - this will fix your traction problems. I'm over 720whp and have not had any spinning on the rollers at all. The way to prove that the car is spinning is have them graph RPM vs MPH. If the RPM is not a straight line then the car spun or clutch slipped. If it has sharp spikes in it the RPM pickup is faulty.

Could you hear the car misfire? Roe's setup is pretty clean, so I wonder. Where did the dyno operator hook up the RPM signal? The best place is directly off of the PCM- one of the signals to the coils. An unreliable RPM pickup (like clipping on the spark plug wire) will cause your graphs to spike too.

good luck,
Dave.

OP
OP
F

fe155

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I will have to check this on the next run which will be in a few weeks with some new plugs . i did see and hear the misfire a couple of times and by the time everything seemed right it was the third run and the engine was good and hot . Ive been there last August and had a good run showing 545 rwhp without the headers or corsa and all went well even though my A/F was in the 10's.
This time was a nightmare , the guy wanted to get a signal off the fuel injector wire and he yanked on it and the wires came out . After maintaining my cool and almost having the car towed to my place i decided to undo the left manifold and repair the wire . Half hour later we start again . not sure if this is a good place to get any signal and thats not what he did last time.This may be part of why the graph is all jagged after 2500 rpm.
the conclusion taking all into consideration and overlapping the graphs is that it does show an increase in rwhp with the belangers and corsa . My estimate with all things in working order and in comparing i should be at 565 to 570 right now . Some larger throttle bodies prob would be ok with the S/c for a couple more but not for me at this time.This is the five lb pulley. wonder what a six lb would do and if would work with the same fuel?