E brake relocate help...

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how to install this e-brake relocate kit I received to allow my rims to fit. I received two rectangular machined blocks with 3 holes (2 threaded and one not). I don't have a clue how to install these. Can anyone help? Even one picture of the finished install would probably explain it if anyone has one.

Thanks,
Justin

Reaction score

EMERGENCY-BRAKE BRACKET RELOCATION KIT
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
· Put car on stands.
· Remove rear wheels and undertray.
· Remove plastic clips that hold ABS harness to parking brake cable, both sides.
· Remove cable end and slip housing out of pulley bracket.
· Remove pulley housing from caliper. This housing and pulley will not be reused but the socket head bolts will be.
· Remove the 3 cable hold down clamps from each cable.
· Install new bracket with bracket on top side of caliper, with bolts coming up from bottom (pulley bracket was mounted on bottom)
· Swap cable arms side to side with arm being slightly pointing down to rear bumper, but almost horizontal.
· Caliper end of coil spring needs to be bent slightly to aim at the arm end to better grab the caliper arm. The spring grabs the upper point now instead of rear point (please see pictures supplied on disk)
· Pull the cables forward and re-route them thru the triangular opening on each side of differential. Criss-cross on top of differential, under side of frame rail, behind the shock, front side of outer tie rod end, into rectangle bracket, attach cable into slot.
· Drill new holes so clamps hold cables from moving parts.
· Plastic tie ABS harness to sway bar arms.
· When everything is done, pump parking brake handle approximately 6 times to seat cable and to auto-adjust parking brake mechanism.
· You can test parking brake by starting engine and work first gear against brake.
· Install undertray.
· Install rear wheels, torque to 90 ft lbs.

OP
OP
T

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

EMERGENCY-BRAKE BRACKET RELOCATION KIT
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

· Put car on stands.
· Remove rear wheels and undertray.
· Remove plastic clips that hold ABS harness to parking brake cable, both sides.
· Remove cable end and slip housing out of pulley bracket.
· Remove pulley housing from caliper. This housing and pulley will not be reused but the socket head bolts will be.
· Remove the 3 cable hold down clamps from each cable.
· Install new bracket with bracket on top side of caliper, with bolts coming up from bottom (pulley bracket was mounted on bottom)
· Swap cable arms side to side with arm being slightly pointing down to rear bumper, but almost horizontal.
· Caliper end of coil spring needs to be bent slightly to aim at the arm end to better grab the caliper arm. The spring grabs the upper point now instead of rear point (please see pictures supplied on disk)
· Pull the cables forward and re-route them thru the triangular opening on each side of differential. Criss-cross on top of differential, under side of frame rail, behind the shock, front side of outer tie rod end, into rectangle bracket, attach cable into slot.
· Drill new holes so clamps hold cables from moving parts.
· Plastic tie ABS harness to sway bar arms.
· When everything is done, pump parking brake handle approximately 6 times to seat cable and to auto-adjust parking brake mechanism.
· You can test parking brake by starting engine and work first gear against brake.
· Install undertray.
· Install rear wheels, torque to 90 ft lbs.

Did that help you or do you still need a picture?

Thanks Mark for the instructions and the offer with the pic Venomiss. I opted to put a grinder to the existing part...much easier!!!

Happy Holidays!!!
Justin

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte