e brake

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I did see a mention about the e brake on the new C7 but just wanted to see if there is a reason our Viper have always had the terribly ugly and obtrusive e brake in the middle of a console that could really be stream lined without it.

I thought about it since I got my 06 but figured there was a reason. Plenty of foot operated, out of the way options as well (before the electronic versions became popular)

It seems like it would save a tiny amount of weight but would really clean up the design of the center console.

These Vipers are really not great Rally cars where an e brake is sometimes used...so what gives........why is it still there just looking bad??

Matt

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forget the handle. I just hope they fixed the damn caliper so you don't wear the inner pad down for no reason!

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a parking brake...
And Rally cars don't have emergency brakes, they have hand brakes.

Last edited:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I did see a mention about the e brake on the new C7 but just wanted to see if there is a reason our Viper have always had the terribly ugly and obtrusive e brake in the middle of a console that could really be stream lined without it.

I thought about it since I got my 06 but figured there was a reason. Plenty of foot operated, out of the way options as well (before the electronic versions became popular)

It seems like it would save a tiny amount of weight but would really clean up the design of the center console.

These Vipers are really not great Rally cars where an e brake is sometimes used...so what gives........why is it still there just looking bad??

Matt

They are good drifting cars however. :D Also...we are not the Corvette. We are the Viper. :)

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A foot operated e-brake would be out of the question in my mind...you'd take an already cramped foot well and make it even more cramped.

While a push button operated e-brake would be cool, I'd think it would add extra complexity (and possibly weight) for something that would merely be a novelty. I've never really considered any e-brake handle obtrusive, and certainly not the Viper's. It's never in the way, so it never bothered me.