Easier clutch?

GoFast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just love the drive the car all over and the clutch is so hard. I am wondering if I can replace it with an easier one. Any recommendations? thanks

99GTSACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When the clutch is worn out it will be hard to press. I had mine replaced this summer. Big difference in the peddle pressure.

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just love the drive the car all over and the clutch is so hard. I am wondering if I can replace it with an easier one. Any recommendations? thanks

Is yours an aftermarket clutch? I have an RPS in my car and its like doing calf raises every time I change gears.

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, you need to have it checked out. In each of the 3 vipers I have had, the clutches have all been very easy. If you want to see what a hard clutch is, try one of the old big block vettes. Whenever I drive my brother's '66 427, I feel I've been through a real work out. Once I pulled down his driveway after I had his car out for a while, and told him to pull his car in the garage. He asked "Why don't you pull it in?", and I replied, "Because if I let this clutch out one more time, the car will wind up in your family room!".

OP
OP
G

GoFast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot to mention the car say it has 7k miles on it.

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When the clutch is worn out it will be hard to press. I had mine replaced this summer. Big difference in the peddle pressure.

Agree 100%. Difference was night and day when the worn clutch was replaced. I just got the OEM Mopar and its butter soft.

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine was the same way. While my engine was out I decided to put in a new clutch. I replaced mine with a factory OEM. Very soft now and I like it.

-Lou

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine