Easiest emblem change?

aggie2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a question for those that have changed the color of their side and bumber emblems (Dodge, Viper RT/10, etc):

What's the easiest, cheapest, longest lasting way to make my emblems black on my red RT/10?

I've seen the $150 black emblems from RandJ Distributing, but I've heard of them falling off over time? Not to mention the ridiculous "viper tax" for those items! I know some folks have had theirs painted while on the car, which seems like an easy option with the right "artist", but also brings a chance for disaster. And I saw where someone "smoked" theirs with vinyl overlays, but I'm concerned that won't last very long. Which route is the least pain in the a$$ way to do it?

Thanks for your replies!

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Had mine painted - they look super ... plus they are still on the car and in the factory locations!

Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I attempted to paint mine but must have used the wrong paint. It didn't spread properly and I had to remove the paint. No harm to the car.

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3M decals from ebay in an editted SRT-10 style (yep- because i prefer that), sides & back. photos on site somewhere

OP
OP
A

aggie2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, guys.

I'll probably look into getting them painted (if I can find a quality shop that doesn't overcharge).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeffk7117