Eastern catalytic converters

Daxzz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anybody know anything about these? They are a single cat set-up (per side), as opposed to the stock dual cat set-up, with the flex joint and they supposedly flow better than stock. I can get a pair pretty cheap but I don't know whether or not they'd be an improvement or if I should go with one of the other high flow options. Any input is appreciated. And before someone says it, yes, I already tried multiple search variants without any results.

OP
OP
D

Daxzz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, Wiretech. The Roe's and the Random Tech's were the other options I was considering. Still wondering how the Eastern's compare, in terms of flow rate, to the other options available.

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stocks cats has 400 cells per sq inch as eastern cats has 200 cells per sq inch same as roe's cats. I just order a set of eastern last week, I still have to install them Ill let you know how it goes.

funkykilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I actually need a set of stock cats to register my car in California (it came without cats). I can't use eastern as they aren't legal here. Does anyone have a set of OEM cats they'd be willing to part with for a price? Please help, already got a ticket for not registering.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score

mattsmusic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a pair of stock 06's. The driver's side needs help but the passenger side is perfect. Let me know if you're interested in them.

CA97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I actually need a set of stock cats to register my car in California (it came without cats). I can't use eastern as they aren't legal here. Does anyone have a set of OEM cats they'd be willing to part with for a price? Please help, already got a ticket for not registering.
My Random Tech hi flow cats passed easy here in CA. 97 GTS

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a warning, that earlier Vipers could pass emissions with just a single cat when new, but as the miles accumulated they began to flunk the tests.

funkykilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just got a set fro X2, sorry bout posting a request in the wrong section. Its an 06 supercharged, hoping that doesn't mess things up for me too.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
You may be able to pass the sniffer but you won't be able to pass the "visual" with a supercharger unless ......

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aftermarket engine parts have to be approved to pass smog in CA and other states. They will have a number on them that can be checked in the certified parts records by the smog tech. For instance, my buddy's Mustang has a Vortech supercharger that is approved for his model year, gets flagged on the visual part of the smog test, then checks out OK due to the certified EO number.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Paxton does not have approval or and "EO" number in CA.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery