Easy to spot?

Brandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kind of a noob question, but is there anyway to tell what kind of exhaust you have just by looking at it? I bought the car a few years ago and want to start beefing it up, but I don't know if the exhaust is still stock or if it's already been changed. (I know, definitely something I should have asked the previous owner, but didn't think about it at the time. I was too dazzled by the sidepipes!)

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's very easy to tell, but it takes a bit of experience. Which obviously, you don't have yet! :D

The easy check is to see if there is any chrome or polish on the tips at all, there has been a change to stock.

Audio check is, if it sounds like a UPS truck, it's stock! :D

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Under full throttle, does it sound like you got a cardboard box stuck under the car and are dragging it (albeit a little louder)? Thats the sound of a stock Gen I (which I assume you have since you mentioned side pipes). :cool:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Under full throttle, does it sound like you got a cardboard box stuck under the car and are dragging it (albeit a little louder)? Thats the sound of a stock Gen I (which I assume you have since you mentioned side pipes). :cool:

LMAO!