Ebay HID Headlights/ Fogs Pics

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are the 6K Hid headlamps and fogs installed on my 96 GTS..They are as good as any I have seen...160.00 delivered for both sets from Wholesale-hids..I also added led lights in my sidemarkers and turn signals to give it a matching effect....
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those look great! Do you have an ebay link to the sellers auction? For some reason I'm stupid this morning and can not find the seller on ebay. Also did you get the 9005 and the H3 for the fogs? How fast was shipping and installation?

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More pics ...this is the led signals and led sidemarkers only (clear lens)...Al

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One more...This is the HID with just a clear 3157 turn signal and clear 194 sidemarker bulb...Al

X vetter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, I just pulled the trigger on these....$72.00 for just the low beams, any tips for an easy install ???

thanks....:2tu:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice 00prowler...hey, are you heading up to Tator's BBQ on Sunday. PM me if you're going.

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, I just pulled the trigger on these....$72.00 for just the low beams, any tips for an easy install ???

thanks....:2tu:
Yes, (1) Mount the ballasts for the lowbeams right inside of the headlight housing..I used a plastic tie to hold it in place. (2) Mount the fog light ballast inside the the nose in foglamp area..It fits right through the rubber plugged access hole..I just used some double sticky tape to secure it.. (3) If a light does not work reverse the polarity. (4) I thought it was worth taking the wheels off as well if doing fogs too..The locking clip on the fog fits a little weird and you really need to get it around the bulb housing just right or it will not lock. (5) cut the black rubber plug off of the wiring harness..it isnt needed cause the ballasts are in with the lights..easier to install without it..Goodluck...Al

X vetter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for info !!!

When you say 'cut black rubber plug'...is that for the fog lights or for the low beams ??
I'm just doing the low beams, I replaced the fog lights with Gen III's :2tu:

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are they noticeably better for illuminating the road at night?
Much brighter than the the Silverstars, which are brighter than stock bulbs. They illuminate the street signs like you woudnt beleive..Worth every penny since these units are so reasonable....Al

GeneralLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got mine installed....headlights only for now. Install was easy, totally plug and play. Did break one of those plastic screw downs on the fender liner though....anyone have one lying around? ;) Just match up the red to red for the bulbs and balasts and its is cake. Only problem is one turned yellowish faster than the other. Not sure if it was because it was the first one installed and i tested it and it was warmed up more than the other.....I did leave them on for a few to check. I have the 6000K ones, and they were bluish when fired up.

Ill let them sit of a while, then fire them up together and let you know how they look.

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They reccomend a twenty minute break in period when first fired...Why pay 3 bills for McCullochs when these work just as good...its a no brainer..The Viper tax has been lifted...Al

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for info !!!

When you say 'cut black rubber plug'...is that for the fog lights or for the low beams ??
I'm just doing the low beams, I replaced the fog lights with Gen III's :2tu:
Yep either or... the plug just clumps up the harness...The plug is used if the ballast is mounted externally and seals the wires where it goes through a panel that the wires go through..Al

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are they noticeably better for illuminating the road at night?
ViperBing, Curious have you had your car dynoed with your set up..I have the same setup.. Roe S/C,10lb, W/M,3.55s, Headers, Roller rockers etc...Your Et and trap speeds are impressive...Thanks...Al

X vetter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just installed these, has to be one of the easiest installs I have ever done...I think I'll have to do the fog lights now....drastic difference...everyone should do this mod :headbang:

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am fixing to get these for my Gen 1...will it be the same as the Gen 2's?
Yep, 9005 low beams, H3 fogs...The 6ks are just right...They may get a little ricey with the higher Kelvin ratings IMHO....You'll be able to see them Armadillos from 2 miles away with them...Al :D:D

ViperBing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperBing, Curious have you had your car dynoed with your set up..I have the same setup.. Roe S/C,10lb, W/M,3.55s, Headers, Roller rockers etc...Your Et and trap speeds are impressive...Thanks...Al

not with my current setup. Last time I had it dynoed, I had the stock exhaust manifolds with stock exhaust and straight pipes.

I also don't have roller rockers yet.....

I hope to dyno soon though!

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bing, The roller rockers really add a nice overlap to your idle too as well as performance...Al...Did you have headers for your 10.7 run?? Al

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang